The beauty of the Peanuts soundtrack

Originally published at: The beauty of the Peanuts soundtrack | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Have Guaraldi’s Greatest Hits CD. He was much more than Peanuts though who doesn’t bounce around when Linus and Lucy is played?

16 Likes

I love his more relaxing pieces. Just listening to “Cast Your Fate to the Wind” immediately brings back decades-old memories of a certain quiet neighbourhood in Manhattan where I’d take Sunday walks.

14 Likes

I’ll be 96 next week and I’m STILL waiting to meet my red headed girl. Me and the Brown clan go way back…*sigh

13 Likes

Vince Guaraldi made a lot of beautiful music besides the “Peanuts” soundtracks. “Cast Your Fate to the Wind” was an unexpected hit, and the album it’s on, "Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus,"capitalizes on the Bossa Nova craze very nicely. Even better is this one.

6 Likes

My fav DJ back in the day New York radio station WNEW opened his show every time with this tune. It was the tune on the radio when I first time crossed the Golden Gate in 1976. I have the title engraved/tattooed on my arm. And finally it was our first song at our betrothal to one another, Dear Wife is a fan too.

As a few have mentioned above, Vince was much more than just the Peanuts music, he was a genius of the highest Jazz order.

8 Likes

Here’s an unsuccinct, music nerd perspective on Vince Guaraldi’s contribution to Peanuts: How Charlie Brown's JAZZ SAVED CHRISTMAS? - YouTube

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite songs of all time.

5 Likes

I can not properly narrate how this song has interwoven itself into every fiber of my being, and had the most positives of effects/affects. @martyyu Gracias mi Amigo for the post.

6 Likes

Vince Guaraldi’s Charlie Brown Christmas album was absolutely my entry point to jazz

3 Likes

For shame, not posting the song itself:

6 Likes

Guaraldi was in the Cal Tjader Quartet. They really inspired one another. ‘Jazz at the Blackhawk’ is worth a listen if you are in a mellow mood.

4 Likes

One of my fav songs:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.