Jeff Goldblum's jazz album hit the no. 1 spot on the charts

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/20/jeff-goldblums-jazz-album-hi.html

4 Likes

Yeah Baby, that’s some nice funky jazz.

Sexy-Jeff-Goldblum-GIFs

13 Likes

In that video, Goldblum really brings his acting showmanship and his real-life personality to the musical performance. Is there any cultural endeavour that this guy can’t make better by his participation?

16 Likes

I ask you: Could he be any cooler?

UY395

8 Likes
7 Likes

This composition, “Cantaloupe Island,” is the basis for the funky 90’s hit single by One Hit Wonder Us3 called “Cantaloop (Flip Fantastic).”

2 Likes

Sorry - FLIP FANTASIA. Autocomplete…

Ah, I knew I recognised it
Thanks

6 Likes

Duet with Mr. Spiner, maybe? Perhaps get James “Vic Fontaine” Darren in for good measure?

4 Likes

did anyone else watch the video and momentarily think the drummer was Ron Perlman in a curly white wig? or was it just me…

Album must be rated 10 out of a possible 10 Goldblums.

3 Likes

5 Likes

To be fair, this only required selling about two dozen copies.

5 Likes

Ah, so it is that Jeff Goldblum…

Somebody had better be working on some kind of movie to feature him as a jazz musician/beatnik. Black turtlenecks… he can wear his own glasses… musical performances… Pretty please?

2 Likes

With that band backing him up, even if he wasn’t good, it would still be great.

1 Like
2 Likes

That’s how Mercy, Mercy, Mercy! was made – the same studio, too (assuming it hasn’t moved somewhere else in L.A. in 52 years).

1 Like

I’d love for Donald Fagen to join him for a night. I’d buy that album in a second.

2 Likes