The Beschissen Curve

I always prefer the Snoop-tinted “Beschizzle.” It just works to my ears.

4 Likes

A scriptable generator, more likely.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. Free wine is so extraordinary and desired that it can hardly be found lately, in my parts, for under two-hundred dollars a bottle. Whereas some expensive wines are just being given away. I’ve paid over a thousand dollars for a good free wine, when I had to, and I’d do so again.

4 Likes

The late Felix Dennis may have been aware of your research when he planned his brilliant “Did I Mention the Free Wine?” author tours.

1 Like

This means you are actually British.

7 Likes

My rule is simple: The third glass of any wine is excellent.

6 Likes

Indeed.

Just last night I described to the server what kind of beer I wanted, and he said “Samuel Smith’s Nut Brown Ale”. And it was good.

Update: it was good … for a beer served chilled. I prefer cellar temp.

3 Likes

Ha ha, not sure where you get your free homebrew. Someone spent at least a hundred bucks on brewing equipment, say $30 on ingredients, and then several hours of effort… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The first Thursday of every month, the galleries here stay open late and serve free wine and crackers. A couple of them even have free beer. That was the one night where I was guaranteed to get tanked without spending a dime.

2 Likes

Might wanna look up that word in a German dictionary

4 Likes

Photoshopping every one.

1 Like

Wow. I would bet it’s an ImageMagick script or so.

(Using those for generating images of instrument panels and various tchotchkes for laser engraving. More practical than doing it manually, usually, though the setup time that includes getting familiar with a given subcommand syntax can be quite an overhead - but that’s done once and then recycled ad nauseam. For laser cutting, OpenSCAD with DXF import is better.)

1 Like

Hm, when I was visiting London I went to that famous Jack The Ripper pub (?) right across that market hall, and the only Guinness they had was “Extra Cold!™”, written right on the tap. I usually prefer Guinness to not be as cold as many other beers should be (because it’s that tasty), so that surprised me. It was actually too cold to drink comfortably and didn’t taste any better for it.

2 Likes

Anywhere that sells ‘extra cold’ anything is the wrong pub. Proper pubs have a coal fire on, even in July, and free bar snacks that include cubes of raw black pudding served on cocktail sticks. Also there should be pickled eggs.

4 Likes

Scotch eggs. And a ploughman’s platter.

4 Likes

Whey, that soonds a bit fancy, hew bonny lass. Sorvin dinna? Why neeeerrr. Just beer’s fine, hinny. Nee need ter complicate the matta.

3 Likes

Guinness do this.
They’re absurdly good at marketing the negatives and their bad ideas back to the consumer as supposed positives.

Some of the public don’t like the taste- chill the taste out of it and market it back to them as “extra cold”
We’re closing the London brewery- Try, real, Irish Guinness, direct from Dublin!
It takes a while to pour a pint- “Good things come to those who wait”
It doesn’t travel well- “Come to Ireland and taste the real thing”
It tastes completely different in bottles- “You choose: Original, or Draught in cans”

For evil marketing, it’s quite impressive.

7 Likes

Yup. It’s brilliant, really. No-one seems to notice that it’s actually just not very nice beer. There are nice stouts, lots of them. None of them are Guinness though.

4 Likes

My benchmark is for malt liqor. If I let it warm up to room temperature before cracking the can open, and can swallow a whole mouthful without choking or puking it out, then it is acceptable and “tasty”.

Eh, 90%+ of my drinking is this carcinogen-in-a-can:

Compared with “High Gravity Lager”, pretty much anything that calls itself a beer is mother’s milk in comparison.