The best April Fools gadget announcement

Originally published at: The best April Fools gadget announcement | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Spoilers: that wasn’t a joke, the folks behind Nothing are totally serious D:

The guy who’s the head of the company (who has an ugly ass monkey for his userpic) is making a bullshit claim (made with a half assed attempt at overhyping) about competing against Apple and Samsung with a phone that’s basically a Motorola phone (a lightweight, near-stock phone that performs pretty well for the asking price) and that observation is coming from a loyal Motorola phone buyer like myself. I’ll give the company some credit for hiring Teenage Engineering to do the aesthetic work but that’s about it.

1 Like

Remember the days when Think Geek would come up with a bunch of weird shit, and then end up making half of it due to high demand… the air guitar shirt, for one?

10 Likes

So the phone is going to have Playmobil looking physical buttons and cost over a thousand dollars?

6 Likes

The Lockpicking Lawyer usually has a video with a lot of double entendre for April Fools, and he doesn’t disappoint this year!

Yeah! They made a Taun Taun sleeping bag based on an April Fools gag!

eta:

10 Likes

So, a cryptobro.

WAGMI Limited, doing business as “Nothing” and formerly known as Nothing Holdings, is a Cayman Islands company with global reach through regional subsidiaries.

WAGMI (We’re All Gonna Make It): rallying cry of Crypto/NFT faithful.

Excuse me if I don’t run to invest.

1 Like

I wasn’t lying

1 Like

Now this is an announcement

1 Like

Ah, that’s the ticket.

I had noticed the ape avatar, but figure that in the absense of an actual crypto thing, that’s something for the investors to worry about, not consumers.

4 Likes

But is it waterproof? Because I just spewed coffee all over my totally non-organic stockless laptop.

1 Like

Think Geek was great… RIP, Think Geek!

1 Like

It is a joke, but it’s also real.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.