The best PC role-playing games in 2019

2 Likes

I’d try appeasement; but I know that wouldn’t work. The only bird that is worse news than the goose is the swan; which is only because swans are goose oligarchs.

So… If a person is shocked that Diablo II and Torchlight II are at the bottom of the list, what would you recommend they try next?

(I play both with my kids. You haven’t lived until you’ve done a boss fight with a 6, 8, and 10 year old. It’s Leroy Jenkins all the way. You better have your shit squared away, because your party don’t.)

4 Likes

steamworkshop_guide_1384563784_guide_branding

2 Likes

2 Likes
3 Likes

Accurate.

3 Likes

The only old games that I know will not work on a modern version of Windows are 16 bit Windows games

If there was a version of WINE for Windows then that could make them work, but I guess that there isn’t much interest in making it. My coding skills are far short of what would be necessary.

2 Likes

My number 51 is still Crusader Kings 2 with the Game of Thrones mod. Playing it as a straight strategy is far less fun than roleplaying some random count with a rivalry with another dynasty.

1 Like

Yes, Win16 is the black hole of gaming on Windows! But WINE on Linux works nicely for those … Is this another sign that we live in a weird bizarro world?! Booting into Linux to play a games :open_mouth:

1 Like

You can do a lot with mods and the random world generation a later expansion adds. (Randomising the names of religions and cultures is fun, if a little pointless. The random descriptions of religions are especially amusing)

Sadly a bug in one of the mods meant that when my sorcerous snake-person High Chieftess arranged to have a surrogate child, her wife considered it adultery despite agreeing beforehand.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.