The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

Again, my point is that there are two problems - the political will is the real hang-up. There are real workable solutions we can employ, we have decided not to do that because we find it more important to make insurance companies rich. People die so others can become wealthy.

5 Likes

Neato.

7 Likes

Depending on how this is eventually implemented, this could be huge. That is, of course, the bugaboo. But encouraging, for sure.

8 Likes

Biden to sign exec order calling for right-to-repair rules for farmers, maybe rest of us

President Joe Biden is expected this week to sign an executive order directing the formation of rules that ensure Americans have the right to repair … their farming equipment, at least.

Though this effort may well extend beyond agriculture, the White House today chose to focus on the farming side of things, presumably because a right-to-repair for farmers was a core Democrat policy in the 2020 US presidential race. As such the order, when it arrives, will reportedly tell the FTC, with support from the government’s agriculture dept, to look into cementing people’s right to fix their gear.

The order is also expected to tackle competition in US military contracts, the world of cellphone companies, and delayed airline baggage.

[…]

12 Likes

The government watchdog Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER) filed a formal complaint Friday on behalf of the scientists with the EPA’s Office of the Inspector General, calling for an investigation into reports that high-level employees routinely delete crucial information from chemical risk assessments or change the documents’ conclusions to give the impression that the chemicals in question are not toxic.

The report follows outrage about officials in the Trump administration covering up scientific facts by deleting the EPA’s climate change website, but PEER emphasized that the problem is persisting at the agency six months into President Joe Biden’s term.

10 Likes
8 Likes

Um, yeah, “for 1,800 student who were victims of a for-profit college fraud.”

That’s something any administration should do, and definitely not the kind of relief that those of us who call for cancelation of student debt are talking about.

10 Likes

The bare minimum is what Joe is about.

He’s not fooling anyone. Especially those with massive student debt.

6 Likes

Hit the road asshole.

10 Likes

That’s good, but next they need to set the wheels in motion to fire Louis DeJoy. Mail delivery has been horrible, and it’s a good thing I can pay utility bills online, otherwise I’d have made several late payments by now. :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage:

10 Likes

This is the order which includes the right-to-repair reform discussed in another thread, but it includes quite a bit more (72 initiatives!), including interesting orders on ISPs, health care, and transportation. I don’t know whether they were all rolled into one order for some political reason, or to save paper.

4 Likes

““We are facing the most significant test of our democracy since the Civil War. That’s not hyperbole — since the Civil War,” Biden said while speaking in Philadelphia.”

He continued: “The Confederates back then never breached the Capitol as insurrectionists did on Jan. 6. I’m not saying this to alarm you. I’m saying this because you should be alarmed.”

But Biden added that there is “good news”: “It doesn’t have to be this way.”

“We have the means — we just need the will. The will to save and strengthen our democracy,” Biden said.

Hey Joe, you do understand that that the GQP do not want democracy in any way, shape or form? Right? The “will” that you are looking for does not exist on the other side.

Wake up old man.

7 Likes

I’m gonna defend him here, because he’s right that this is not inevitable. If we roll over and LET them win, then they win. But if we fight back against them and push back against their every attempt, they will lose. Rhetoric matters here, because rhetoric built how we got to this moment.

The Democratic party for too long treated the GQP’s leaning into white nationalism as just a bit of hyperbole in politics. To his credit, HERE he isn’t doing that. His belief that he can wring bipartisanship out of the current Senate, however, is highly misguided and doomed to failure. That’s where HE needs to step up and understand how dangerous the GQP’s stranglehold over the senate actually is. That’s where he needs to root this stuff out and throw his full weight behind some kind of change to the filibuster rules.

15 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

This is some good news for a change

19 Likes

More of this, please. I’m tired of going out in our national forests and seeing clear cuts blighting the landscape.

13 Likes

“Green New Deal”?

6 Likes

Ugghh. Let’s see if Ted Cruz will stop cock blocking State Dept. appointments now….

JHC Ted you’re the one who wanted the deal. Put up or shut the fuck up.

9 Likes

The imperial mindset still going strong then.

How gracious, for the US to “allow” the construction of a project that’s in another country, on the other side of the ocean. Perhaps someone should remind them that Germany is no longer supposed to be occupied territory.

10 Likes