GSA tells Joe Biden the Trump administration is ready to begin the formal transition process

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/23/gsa-tells-joe-biden-the-trump-administration-is-ready-to-begin-the-formal-transition-process.html

11 Likes

About bloody time.

23 Likes

GSA chief, “PLEASE DON’T SUE ME!”

18 Likes

Trump has just tweeted that he expects the GSA to do what needs to be done - and expects his team to do the same!!!

(I’m not on twitter so cannot verify - I just heard it on Newsnight)

6 Likes

It reads kind of like a threat still.

16 Likes

Well whoever wrote this knows how to properly use an em-dash, so we can be pretty sure who hasn’t written it.

34 Likes

@orenwolf - maybe merge this thread with the following one below - basically it is all the same developing story.

6 Likes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/23/trump-concedes-on-twitter-nevertheless-in-the-best-interest-of-our-country-formal-transition-to-biden-will-begin.html

7 Likes

There is, indeed, a Trump tweet for everything. About time, Loser.

12 Likes

What took you so long, asshole?

19 Likes

He “didn’t want” his employees to shield him from democracy.

So he had them do that for a month.

11 Likes

Emily can go f herself.

She could have done this without his direction.

23 Likes

I hope biden immediately fires her and appoints someone capable of being loyal to the democratic process.

27 Likes

Security briefings will be bullshit until Biden cleans house. What a mess.

13 Likes

Was legally and ethically bound to do so, even.

31 Likes

The writer may be Trump’s unofficial aide responsible for coming up with face-saving responses.

14 Likes

It’s almost as if the lights are coming on in a nasty NYC apartment and you just know the all cockroaches will be running for cover as soon as the switch clicks.

It’s going to be fun watching…

18 Likes

I know Trump has been getting an increasing amount of pressure even from Republicans, but I’m really surprised he publicly gave the go-ahead. I would have expected him to quietly, behind the scenes, do little more than allow it to happen while publicly saying nothing. I guess he feels like he’s going to be getting some public credit for “allowing” it to happen. (He’ll probably continue to sabotage the transition privately, though.)

14 Likes

Oh, the leopard-avoidance intern.

11 Likes

It is exactly this. He finally realized he was powerless to stop it, so he decided it was better to pretend that he had some say in the matter. The Trumpist response on social media is lapping it up (“oh how gracious of him to ask Ms. Murphy to go ahead with the transition even though he totally had grounds to continue fighting it if he really wanted to”).

21 Likes