Trump promises orderly transition of power after Congress confirms Electoral College vote

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/trump-promises-orderly-transition-of-power-after-congress-confirms-electoral-college-vote.html

3 Likes

I won’t believe that until Biden is safely ensconced in a freshly fumigated White House.

30 Likes

“promises”

21 Likes

We all know what the promise of an abusive bully with a history of lying and a lack of belief in facts is worth, right? :roll_eyes:

46 Likes

Hm. What’s the most batshit insane thing for Donald Trump to do today?

I know! Hold another rally.

21 Likes

He intentionally had someone else convey the message, so he wouldn’t be directly quoted as having said it. Later he will act like he never even uttered it at all it was just some talking point the traitorous republicans who hate our country insisted was necessary to quell the unrest of the patriots who were justifiably upset over a stolen election (or something like that)

20 Likes

Orderly transition of power involves not having your supporters storm parliament.

So failed already.

32 Likes

We need to update the safety sign in the Capitol:

Days Since Last Violent Insurrection: 0

41 Likes

Translation: A bare minimum of assurance surrounded by further lies, obfuscation and self-aggrandizement.

Anyone who is comforted by this statement has been in a coma for six years.

13 Likes

The only thing left for Trump to do is to try and call in the military, which is exactly why he needs to be 25th-Amendmented out of town this morning.

18 Likes

We are reaching Peak Immaturity.

5 Likes

Actually I think he had someone else convey the message because he is currently blocked by Twitter for 24 hours, finally!

7 Likes

He has other ways of directly addressing the public that don’t involve Twitter. Suddenly, he has no desire to show his face on TV. Of course the day is young…

24 Likes

Neville Chamberlain learned that lesson the hard way

6 Likes

He literally has an entire press corps ready to report anything he says.

I hope with the Biden administration the days of pretending Twitter is the bully pulpit are over.

19 Likes

20 Likes

Like conjoined twins they are.

17 Likes

I think Pence and the joint chiefs threatened to invoke the 25th amendment on him. It’s the only reason why he’d do this now. He knows if he tries to push this he’ll lose.

13 Likes

This is still not a concession, so it’s meaningless. Pompeo said two months ago that there would be a smooth transition “to the second Trump administration”. He’s still dangerous and still poised to incite violence.

25 Likes

Pompeo knows his days are over…

Yes, danger still exists.

18 Likes