Trump promises orderly transition of power after Congress confirms Electoral College vote

God I wish that turd from my home state would get flushed into oblivion. He was a nightmare back home and he’s a nightmare for everyone now.

13 Likes

Trust me, that fight continues, in Washington and in over half the State Houses in America.

And as we’ve seen, when both twins are evil it doesn’t make a very interesting story.

12 Likes

Peace for our time:

9 Likes

This is meant to placate the stupidity of his loyalists and excuse their irresponsibility. You can’t have your cake and eat it too, assholes. It will likely be an orderly transition from this point on, after he has already witnessed the complete fealty of his followers and their willingness to use violence on behalf of his fever dreams. As unAmerican as it gets.

He really loves this shit.

6 Likes

Was the official POTUS account blocked too?

6 Likes

Any sentence that begin with “Trump promises…” isn’t worth listening to the rest. He NEVER feels bound by his promises, either orally or in writing.

14 Likes

One notes that he may have promised an orderly transition, but not specifically to a Biden presidency.

9 Likes

This is the ‘concession’ we get from him after a failed coup attempt?

It’s literally not a concession, it’s what he should have done going back even to before the election.

It’s not worth the paper it was printed on, or the breath expended in reading it aloud.

President ⊥rump must resign. If he won’t resign, he must be removed from office by whichever process is most expedient.

I personally favor impeachment, but if Pence has finally grown a spine, the 25th amendment would be fine also.

So long as it happens quickly. Before the end of his term. Actions must have consequences. If we see that Presidents who attempt a coup against their successors are not the ones to suffer those consequences, then it’s not a matter of if this will happen again, but when.

15 Likes

Is there actually any reason to think he was involved with any part of crafting or approving that message?

10 Likes

They have so far, why would we expect that to stop now?

3 Likes

Au contraire. A willingness to use violence to get what you want is pretty much America’s defining characteristic.

10 Likes

After the terrorist attack on the Capitol he incited and aided, 14 days is too long to wait. 25th Amendment or Impeach him now. He needs to be gone forthwith.

13 Likes

Too little, too late.

4 Likes

“There will be an orderly transition on January 20th.”

The words “of power” are conspicuously absent.

7 Likes

That is indeed what the die-hards are latching on to, if you look at the followups to the Scavino tweet. The other half being schadenfreudists tweeting out “LUUUUUSER!”, God love’em.

3 Likes

And before he has time to pardon the people who executed the violent attack on Congress.

3 Likes

I’m so fucking sick of the whinging doublespeak. If you’re going to go all in on an alternative fantasy reality, at least don’t be a puffy little bitch about it. I mean, this is participatory fantasyland shitposting and he could have chosen to be anything, a noble elf, a stout dwarf, even a charmingly befuddled orc, but this motherfucker’s gone all in on being a greasy little shit goblin at every turn and I, for one, cannot wait until I don’t have to hear anything about him anymore.

4 Likes

He basically just said “there will be a transition of power to an illegitimate government.”

That’s not a call for peace, it’s a call to arms.

12 Likes

If you read any of his cult-followers responses on twitter, etc they in no way read his statement as “concession” or a “promise of orderly transition of power”. His words and what they seem to mean to us mean nothing, what really matters is what they mean to the cult that follows him. They are still behind him, still think he has a path to a 2nd term and are still fucking bat-shit fucking crazy (and dangerous).

6 Likes

He is lying.

Remove him now.

7 Likes