Trump's threat: 'Get rid of the ballots' — 'there won't be a transfer, frankly, there will be a continuation'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/23/trumps-threat-get-rid-of-the-ballots-there-wont-be-a-transfer-frankly-there-will-be-a-continuation.html

12 Likes

Whelp…

19 Likes

A few things. First, I don’t think trump understands the gravity of the question he is asked. Second, he says “we’ll wait and see” for everything. Like a TV cliffhanger at the end of an episode … gotta tune in next week and see what happens! Third, I have no idea what he is trying to say by “get rid of the ballots.” Fourth, I think “there will be a continuation” is his clumsy attempt at saying he’ll win the election, so of course there won’t be a “transfer” of power.

39 Likes

I don’t give a yoctofuck what this King of the Dipshits says. He barely know which end food goes into.

But he’s been spouting off like this for a while, and we are getting crickets from his party. I’m sure some of them just want him to shut up and go away. But I don’t think it’s a majority.

20 Likes

Well all that’s reassuring to hear from President Cornered Rat

50 Likes

He’s totally out of control now. I have to wonder if he’s desperately hoping for a sweeping backroom deal, that is, to effect a peaceful transition if there are assurances that he won’t face any indictments post election? I know that sounds loony, given the rapidly closing window and all the players and moving parts involved in anything like that.

18 Likes

he has been saying the quiet parts out loud for quite a while now.
with this statement, he is now telegraphing it via bullhorn and semaphore in no uncertain terms!

44 Likes

He couldn’t make his intentions any clearer, folks.

That’s a given, for any question he’s asked. We might be able to blow this off as Trump being Trump, except he keeps saying that the election will be fraudulent and that he won’t accept the results. Plus, he’s doing shit like this, to make it extra clear:

The White House is actively planning to “bypass” the results of the election.

67 Likes

If the UN is not planning to send election observers to monitor this shitstorm, they need to.

27 Likes

Ah no. You don’t send unarmed volunteers to mediate between armed, warring factions. You stay the hell away and keep your head down. Only Russia and China could take this on and thats never going to happen.

10 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the party of Law and Order.

54 Likes

On the plus side- even he admits he’s losing the election really badly and can’t recover.

42 Likes

Oh, he fully understands it. There are credible reports of discussions in the WH right now about how to get state Republican legislators to declare the mail-in ballots void and pick their own electors for the electoral college if the mail-in ballots favor Biden. And of course they’re taking other actions, all over the country.

I never thought that a repeat of 1930s Germany could happen here. But it is happening.

45 Likes

His whole gig the last few months saying that mail in voting is fraudulent is to push his voters to vote in person and give him the pretext on election night that there’s a problem. This was planned months ago.

34 Likes

There isn’t a “him” to be out of control. He’s a brainless puppet with the arm of the entire GOP up his ass. Republicans are finally willing to admit they want nothing but continuous, total control and the American experiment is at an end.

20 Likes

is this the first time he’s actually told the truth about what he’s up to? sure sounds like it to me.

5 Likes

I’m not sure what point that would serve if there is no enforcement mechanism the international community could use to pressure the White House to recognize the outcome. For that matter, it’s not clear how the UN would compel the Federal Government to admit observers in the first place.

11 Likes

This fuckin’ guy needs to have a debilitating stroke or heart attack on 11/4. That’s the only way we’ll have a peaceful transfer of power.

9 Likes

There’s no need to debase yourself trying to read the senile tea leaves.

1 Like

Treasonous violation of his oath to the constitution.

23 Likes