Trump finally promises "orderly transition" of power to Biden

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/trump-finally-promises-orderly-transition-of-power-to-biden.html

4 Likes

Reboing.

3 Likes

TRUMP: The twenty- what now? And they’re going to invoke it? Against me? Ok. My own party? Is that bad? That is bad. So I don’t want that? I don’t want that. Ok. I’ll be good. Call Rudy and tell him bring me some McDonalds.

10 Likes

4 Likes

I think it is a situation where he’s been told he can be nice and maybe run again in 2024, or Pence comes in with two nice gentlemen and they take him to a peaceful place, just for a couple of weeks, to recuperate from his mental stress.

5 Likes

This is typical Trump in skirting the full force of the law by the last hair on his head. At the most, in the interest of civic responsibility, please permanently suspend ALL his social media accounts, at the best, indict him for conspiracy to riot. Let’s look at the surrogate tweet and its grammar: “Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th.” Yes, the facts bear out that you disagreed with the election results because you lost, not because of any shred of “evidence” of fraud that your and your mob sloppily produced.

5 Likes

There really aren’t enough opportunities to use the word “rictus” nowadays.

8 Likes

What’s happening in the picture that illustrates this peice? Looks like about 100 people lying face down in a churned-up lawn, near branded awning? Is it part of yesterday’s festivities or an hilarious photoshop of general carnage?

1 Like

Looks to me like another aptly grim shoop by Macabre Rob, sending up Trompkins as cultists by referencing the Jonestown Massacre. I’m no fan of Trompkins, but I hope it’s not a prediction, let alone an accurate one.

9 Likes

Trumpists turning on Trump for betraying Trump.

13 Likes

Unfortunately not nearly enough of them are doing this. The rest are promising big things in the next 13 days. They seriously need to push him out the door TODAY. The longer they wait, the more momentum these idiots build.

7 Likes

Oh well then, if he said it then I guess that’s that.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’m still trying to find those facts that bear him out on this.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Yes. On Twitter the kooks are already dissecting this statement for the secret message that’s he’s getting a second term.

1 Like

bth

2 Likes

100% correct.

I cannot help but think this has a bit of North Korea flavor to it. He will get out of trouble for now, and slowly walk it back to see how much ground he can reclaim before someone yells again about it.

But we only have 2 weeks before he is out. So I think we can expect more of this on Sunday or perhaps Tuesday.

This from the Twitter thread almost makes me sad* for them:

A plan? Have you been watching anything this idiot has done for the past 5 years? There is never any plan other than, “how can I grift more?”

*Note I said almost sad. But really, not that close.

6 Likes

Didn’t he (or was it Kayleigh) previously say that there was going to be an orderly transition to his second term as president? Plus I would like to point to this list of 30,000 lies he has told while in office.

4 Likes