Trump to sign social media executive order, after lashing out at Twitter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/27/trump-to-sign-social-media-exe.html

6 Likes

What a petulant child.

44 Likes
17 Likes

but i thought regulation of business was Bad ™.

also… you’d think people so enamored of the constitution might have noticed that Amendment 1 prevents government, not corporations, from doing things. it’s almost as if they never actually read the thing. sort of like that “bible” thing they’re also always going on about…

58 Likes

As soon as the lawsuits begin, Twitter should suspend his account “on advice of our lawyers while lawsuits are in progress”. (And I’m sure that the lawyers really will recommend that.)

78 Likes

Hmm…it appears the Stable Genius isn’t thinking this through. Surprised?

24 Likes

Unless they think that Trump will provide evidence against his own case on Twitter, which he most certainly will.

22 Likes

Calling this an “Executive Order” is kind of a stretch, isn’t it?

20 Likes

It’s either going to be recommending a Congressional, er, Senate investigation or some bullshit that’ll draw a propaganda opportunity lawsuit 5 minutes in.

10 Likes

Deplatform his ass.

25 Likes

That might be the play to make.

2 Likes

The lack of details makes me think it’s an empty threat. Anything that would actually have teeth would be highly un-constitutional and/or unenforceable. He WANTS to make an executive order because he’s still stewing about it, so he announces it before he even knows what he could possibly do.

38 Likes

Look! Trump is doing something over here! No, look over here! Over here!

19 Likes

Yeah very likely just more hot air… I can’t imagine he wants the Supreme Court to take a look at whether or not it was within Twitter’s rights to call him a liar.

11 Likes

Trump: “I want an executive order! Write me an executive order!”

Staff: “What do you want it to say, Mr. President?”

Trump: “I want Twitter to make Jared the CEO. And then he’ll ban all the Democrats and say my tweets are extra truthful!”

Staff: “Um…you can’t actually do that.”

Trump: “Well what can I do?”

5 hours later:

Trump [on Twitter]: “I am signing an executive order that Twitter is run by doody heads and they’re in trouble!”

36 Likes

Letting Trump continue tweeting while court cases are in progress would place Twitter in a very difficult position.

If they need more evidence than all of Trump’s current tweets, there’s always discovery.

15 Likes

I could use a guilt free show to eat some popcorn to, It’s been awhile.

3 Likes

And you know we’ve got all these business friendly courts for some reason.

This will go great!

6 Likes

For someone theoretically in the of the most powerful position in the world, he sure is a whiny little bitch.

52 Likes

Almost a whole dayeand nothing from the usual “BUT mah freeze peach” crowd. They must be still on vacation. No way such defenders of the constitution would argue disingenously!

Also, I vote for dolt 45 vs dorsey to take it to the thunderdome.

10 Likes