The bizarre story of Trump’s plagiarized inauguration cake

Like I said I’m not entirely certain its their name for a drink. Meanwhile unlike Coca Cola it is not a packaged, prepared product with logos and special packaging. Made from their exclusive recipe. Neither did they create the drink. Their innovation appears to be abbreviating the word “and”. More over they did not originally manufacture ginger beer. And only started doing so recently. So the terms of abiding by the trademark spontaneously changed when they introduced the ginger beer.

My point was not that they shouldn’t have been granted that trade mark. But that with regards to food and drink this shit gets complicated, and often lacks real utility.

If you hadn’t just discussed the topic with me. And you walked into a bar. And saw “Rum Buck” (the lime/citrus is an inherent part of a buck) would you know what that is? Would the general public? Craft cocktail geeks, and talented, attractive bartenders know the term but its hardly common parlance. Mule is better recognized. Largely thanks to the Moscow Mule. Another variation on the drink that was popularized or created as a marketing gimmick. This time for Smirnoff. Though they didn’t trademark the name. Smirnoff isn’t as closely associated with the Moscow Mule. But they’re still getting a marketing boost out of its current popularity.

1 Like