The blue screen of death is dead. Long live the black screen of death.

Originally published at: The blue screen of death is dead. Long live the black screen of death. | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“In honor of our LGBTQ+ customers and employees, Microsoft is pleased to announce that this month for Pride we are changing the Black Screen of Death to the Rainbow Screen of Death.”

13 Likes

That’s…still a BSOD

17 Likes

My son’s Hallowe’en costume 2019

I suppose he can update it.

16 Likes

Hmmmm, for some reason they’ve not gone for red?

1 Like

Purple was already taken by VMware. This season, black is the new blue?

2 Likes

Why did they make the QR code blue?

2 Likes

When I did BASIC in high school, I liked using a white on blue color scheme.

1 Like

Serious question- is this a good thing?

As fun as it is to mock the Blue SOD, at least it shows a serious error in a way that the user can’t miss. Does changing the color to black really aid the user?

4 Likes

The whole win 11 vaporware desktop looks like KDE Plasma

2 Likes

Once upon a time I had the BSOD screensaver on my laptop. I was chairing a meeting at a conference where we were hammering out a draft of a lot of memory parameters (DDR2) and I was keeping them in a spreadsheet projected to the screen. We got into a detailed discussion of one set of tradeoffs and suddenly the screen on the projector went BSOD. Everyone freaked out, with all that data lost and everyone running out of time for their return flights.

Then I hit the spacebar and brought it out of screensaver.

2 Likes

Why not? Plasma is the result of a lot of progressive improvement without a marketing department insisting on change for its own sake.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.