'The Boys' season 3 trailer suggests there will be more blood and gore

Originally published at: 'The Boys' season 3 trailer suggests there will be more blood and gore | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I too have enjoyed The Boys on Amazon. I also enjoyed their rendition of The Tick. I still need to check out Invincible.

2 Likes

Butcher… with powers?

Oh:

7 Likes

Yeah, that was not on my The Boys bingo card either.

4 Likes

No surprise if you’ve read the original comics, though I’m guessing the show won’t have the same power set, considering how much it’s diverged already (in a good way.)

2 Likes

I need to give this show another chance. I lost interest after the first few episodes seemed to be splattercore with a very slow-burn story.

1 Like

I mean, there is plenty of splatter, and the story does take its time, but I thoroughly enjoyed both seasons thus far. I was worried it was gonna be all, “What if (known comic book hero) was evil?” but there’s a lot more to the story.

2 Likes

It’s canon from the graphic novels, I just wasn’t expecting the tv show to go there…

2 Likes

I liked it. Garth Ennis doesn’t really like super-heroes and so he has a very misanthrope take on them. Basically a cynical view that people are awful and there is no reason that super heroes would be different. And boy, does it get dark, especially in season 2.

I dunno if it would be your cup of tea or not, but it does have a compelling story, IMO.

1 Like

Butcher

3 Likes

Here’s hoping the promo for Season 3 and low Covid numbers both coincide with Dragoncon this year and he comes back to town. My picture with him from 2019 is one of the first things guests see when they enter my home.(Realizing now that I don’t have any pictures up on the walls of me and my husband together, that probably seems weird to people who don’t know us very well)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.