The brown note is a hypothetical infrasonic frequency that would cause humans to lose control of their bowels

This is approximately the octave of C-2 – C-1. A couple octaves below anything on a piano. These notes can be felt but are outside the range of human hearing.

1 Like

I’m not sure you can just “modify” some cabinets or speakers to produce notes below their capacity. But I’ve heard of combining two speakers which are playing different notes, in order to produce infrasound via wave interference.

1 Like

In the case of Annie Rauwerda or Popkin?

If it existed, it would have been weaponized a long time ago. Play it on a battlefield and incapacitate the other guy’s troops. Break up a riot really fast. Stuff like that.

And if nobody else weaponized it, trolls/pranksters would have unleashed it in a crowded place for the lulz.

2 Likes

Has Popkin a website?

Who is Popkin?

1 Like

No, Who is on first.

3 Likes

Therefore Popkin is on first, too.

Without a website.

2 Likes

Whenever the subject of super powers and which ones we wished we had comes up I always say the ability to make anybody instantly crap themselves. It would prove so incredibly useful and fun to deploy. The Trump years would have been much more entertaining.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Have none of you seen the band Sunn O)))? They make infrasonic frequencies by setting up beat notes between several giant bass cabinets, playing slightly differently pitched notes. And it’s loud enough to be loud in the lobby. I didn’t se people running for the bathrooms at that show.

6 Likes

I recall speculation that some kind of infrasonic weapon had been used by US forces on the women who took part in the Greenham Common anti-nuclear protests in the early half of the '80s.

A quick google turned up this 1986 article, so whether it was true or not, the speculation was real…

1 Like

So the cliff notes version of this article is;

“No Shit”

That will depend on how close the listener is to the bear and if he/she realised a bear was that close.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.