The Cast Iron Cleaning Death Match thread

This is what my spouse tells me about cleaning his cast iron. Still makes me a bit nervous to do it. He usually just scrapes, rinses, wipes, smokes, and adds some oil. I keep forgetting to mention the linseed/high smoke point oil to him. He usually does olive oil.

I am stealing that for the next time our purveyor of liquid elegance soaks someone’s arm.
Gratuitous pic of cat who emits liquid elegance and possesses a uniquely perfumed rear.

5 Likes

“Glad to see that you are doing your part! Save a kitten, use soap.” -Sally Struthers?

4 Likes

I didn’t want to give away everything all at once.

2 Likes

:: Flails arms :: KITTY!!!

The reason I call Bagherra a stinky butt is because he decided to pass gas… IN MY FACE. AT TWO IN THE MORNING. Lil’ stinker. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Well, sure, that’s one easy way to do it. If I have extended time, I get four family members and have each of them hold one part of the pan. . .

OK. I had an entire method typed out, which I finished with “And I call this method ‘The Aristocrats,’” but I didn’t want to get banned today.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.