The Chinese government is putting tracking chips into school uniforms to watch every move kids make

You are never going to be able to market that to the hard right. You need a built in taser to deal with such kids, because it’ll never be their children who would commit such acts.

/sarcasm, not sarcasm

mdk

2 Likes

I’m sure I don’t know but luck favors the prepared.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe similar to this but with even less guile, I guess.

“Be seeing you…”

3 Likes

Wrong. The chips don’t track the students. The chips allow the students to be identified by readers mounted at the entrances and exits of the school, or other RFID readers inside the school. The readers track the comings and goings, not the chips.

There is quite a difference. The chips don’t know where they are. They can’t report that the kid went to the cafe instead of attending school; they can’t report that the kid hung out with the “bad” crowd.

I know how much people love to get outraged by click-baity headlines, especially those suggesting another Orwellian privacy violation, but you should stop and look at what is honestly happening before rushing to judgment.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there:

Yes. I am an autistic person. I was specifically criticizing authoritarian “discipline” parenting and the idea that the only way to have children that don’t act like monsters is to assert authority over them.

When you’re dealing with a kid that has special needs such as I did, and as it sounds, you did, then things are a bit different. These are not the parents that I’m talking about.

To give you an example, I know a couple with three children that are often leashed up in public. Their interactions with their children can be summed up as, “long periods of passivity followed by short intense bursts of impersonal authoritarianism.” In other words, they spend most of their time ignoring their children or finding ways to get away from them. This makes the children feel alienated and isolated, and they end up acting out either in an effort to get attention, or literally just because they’re feeling a lot of negative emotions for reasons they are ill-equipped to understand. Eventually the behavior does attract the attention of the parents, but their reaction isn’t to pay real attention to them, to talk to, or help them, it’s to “correct” the behavior, which they do by lashing out in authoritarian ways. To the parents, the kids have been acting badly for awhile now, and they need to “bring the hammer down” and they expect the kids to understand that all the yelling and threats are the consequences of their behavior.

That’s not what’s really happening though, that’s a fantasy created by the parents. The more accurate perspective is that of the children: they see two adults, beings of incredible power in their eyes, mostly ignoring them except for when they randomly lash out. They don’t assemble the narrative the parents do, they’re just unhappy and confused most of the time, then scared and resentful when their parents lash out. The worst part is that the parents would understand that if they were listening to their children at all, which they don’t because “kids are so much work.” They’re also more or less of the attitude that the childrens’ thoughts and feelings are invalid because “adults outrank children” which by some sort of fucked up transitive property equates to, “children are always wrong.”

That’s the situation I’m talking about. That’s the most common kind of child-leashing scenario that I see. I’m not talking about single moms with a special needs kid. The difference is significant, and something that is almost always easy to figure out from simply watching the parent interact with the child and listening to the way the speak to and about them.

2 Likes

giphy%20(19)

3 Likes

Most of the “smarts” seem to be connected to the cameras, to detect paying attention vs. dozing off, etc.

Related:

4 Likes

Yowza! Good find!

Forgot the bizarre use of uncial or uncial-influenced fonts

in the series. It’s got that Ye Olde Charminge Village vibe implied along with the veiled threat thingy. Gaaaaaah!

2 Likes

There is a “Village” font, somewhere out there in the net.

1 Like

3 Likes

Well old Sol does have a history of making things interesting.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.