The CPAC replacement speaker for Milo Yiannopoulos was a notorious Japanese cult-member

Could have been his translator’s decision. Just tried watching Aeba’s CPAC speech and he doesn’t speak English.

1 Like

It may have been a tactical error for them to nominate Hillary.

6 Likes

Except here in the good ole’ USA…

4 Likes

So they booked a comedian only there aren’t any funny conservative comedians so they settled.

1 Like

“Wut’n the heck yew talkin’bout?”

1 Like

Seriously, where the fuck do they dig these jokers up? More and more I feel like CPAC is a Situationist collective satirizing the Right with a straight face.

Check out this guy, he gets it.

You can’t be serious.

We’re totally serious.

Well…okay. If you say so.

Wait, he turned out to be a pedo. Forget him. Check out this guy instead.

Oh, come on!

10 Likes

“So “Happy Science” is made up science?”

FAKE SCIENCE!!!

I work near one of their buildings (at least for now) and being the curious gaijin that I am, once went in and asked this very question. It’s not a translation artifact, it’s the choice of their leader.

12 Likes

I DO BOTH OF THESE! (Yes!)

1 Like

That’s the genius of it—they can sue anyone who has a registered trademark of infringing on their trademark. It’s like legally changing your name to “Patrick Pending” so you can get a cut of any product sold with “Pat. Pending” printed on it.

1 Like

Do not taunt the Happy Fun Science!

9 Likes

At the same time?? Please tell me there are sharks involved too…

6 Likes

I prefer the company of “scintillating wits” to that of “vacillating twats,” myself.

1 Like

Came here to say this. Most famously, they run the Washington Times, and have their hold on a LOT of local Federal types.

1 Like

Sane and Conservative aren’t mutually exclusive. Maybe if they had non-nutball speakers they’d actually convert some people.

1 Like

We call those “Democrats” now. Not all Democrats are conservative though.

Seriously, the Republican party have moved past conservative and are now better described as reactionary.

5 Likes

Ron White’s pretty good. Although apparently he stood as an independent presidential candidate last year (who knew?), and maybe CPAC wouldn’t feel too kindly toward anyone who dared to stand in the way of the Unstoppable Trumpernaut, the living incarnation of the intellectual and ethical values of the New Conservatism. If you’re not with us, you’re against us, as they say.

I’ve got to see a lot of shows for free since I changed my name to Will Call. It’s like they always have a ticket for me.

4 Likes

Hey, what about “America First”?! We’ve got plenty of honest-to-gosh American nut jobs that should be getting these jobs rather than Asians. Damn’d unpatriotic if you ask me.

So in other words, he doesn’t believe anything stranger than a typical attendee or speaker at CPAC.