The crypto crash means you can finally buy video cards at MSRP

Originally published at: The crypto crash means you can finally buy video cards at MSRP | Boing Boing

4 Likes

At least until the 4000 series is released, then it’ll probably start all over again.

4 Likes

Sadly the newer gen consoles are still hard to find on retail sites when they restock. Still trying to get my hands on a disc PS5, casually looking to be fair but I’m still annoyed i can’t just buy one unless it’s from a scalper

8 Likes

I should have waited 3 more months. I finally sprung for a new system in March when I still couldn’t upgrade the video card on my old one. Oh well. Glad for everyone else’s sake the severe mark up is ending. Hope that trickles over to other supply chain problems that this has caused (chip shortages in general).

8 Likes

Too bad you can’t actually go buy the cards at RadioShack, it would bring the crypto thing full circle (or oroboros).

Archived

5 Likes

The price being at MSRP or not is basically meaningless in the grand scheme when the MSRP is inflated to hell and back. The MSRP needs to go back down a whole lot before you can say there is any sense of normalcy back pricewise.

2 Likes

I still chuckle when I was selling a GPU a while ago and two of the buyers were concerned if it was used for mining or not (with the claim that it somehow ruins them). What they planned to use the GPU for? Mining.

That’s just what I was thinking. We’ve had about a decade or so of GPU mining now? We’ve seen a few cycles of this already.

1 Like

Related: once again a Libertarian “innovation” turns out to support an authoritarian regime.

2 Likes

Not to worry; Bukele seems like the sort of guy to tweet about the promise of eVTOL technology partnerships to enable quiet, carbon-neutral, death flights by 2035; so the new boss is clearly different from the old boss.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.