The dark appeal of Coronavirus-themed toys

Originally published at: The dark appeal of Coronavirus-themed toys | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Ohmigarsh! I needs me a plush plague owl!

2 Likes

In case it arises here, if you want to start a (virus spreading) shouting match in any folklore department meeting (and i know you do) simply state: “Ring Around the Rosie” is a sardonic allusion to The Great Plague - then grab a doughnut and run. (current wikipedia discussion)

9 Likes

The worst thing is that it used to be Mr. Mysterious Dr. Plague, and now it’s just Mysterious Dr. Plague.

2 Likes

Instagram keeps showing me ads for those little squishy plague doctors, which means their algorithm must be pretty good because I do want one very much. (Of course it also shows me ads for doctors that wanna cure my adhd/autism with infrared light so…maybe not all the time.)

1 Like

They are VERY cute. And the lantern glows faintly in the dark, too.
(I was one of the people who pre-ordered two of them direct from Squishables last year when they first were introduced.)

3 Likes

Gasp! It is the good doctor! I got the mini (which isn’t THAT small) version for my GF last year.

There are some super cute plushies on that site:

https://www.squishable.com

2 Likes

Not squishy, but this one made a good tree topper last Christmas:

6 Likes

I… might have ordered a pair of companions for my two plague doctors last night. (i.e. the plague nurses). :grin:

3 Likes

18 years? Oh geez, are you telling me I read the bug post and compulsively bought this book worm 18 years ago? It seems like it was yesterday.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.