COVID-19 patient smuggled ivermectin into hospital inside a stuffed animal

Originally published at: COVID-19 patient smuggled ivermectin into hospital inside a stuffed animal | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Millions of people, strong correlation with success…no way you’re putting that in my body.

A few small, flawed and retracted studies and no clear correlation to success…how dare you keep me from putting it in my body.

People are weird. :roll_eyes:

30 Likes

Translation: I don’t trust doctors, I trust rumors spread on social media.

14 Likes

I mean, who trusts big pharma with their health when you can self-treat with a product manufactured by the noted libertarians at, um… Merck?

But hey, the invisible hand of the market will ensure that only the best, most perfect horse dewormer makes it into your stuffy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-13/ivermectin-demand-sends-sales-soaring-for-foreign-generic-drugmakers

14 Likes

I wonder why they went to the hospital to begin with. Clearly they didn’t trust the doctors and they had access to the miracle drug.

Why not just stay home and follow the instructions from Fox?

23 Likes

tumblr_b3f79d7eac8ed29458eaa8da4264f7aa_9a548d2d_400

23 Likes

If they had actually taken the smuggled in drug and suffered complications, the hospital would have been in a hell of liability position. I hope the hospital sues them into oblivion.

4 Likes

And yet they went to a hospital when they got sick.

14 Likes

From WikiFur:

SPH ( Strategically Placed Hole ) is a plushophile term for a modified hole or aperture added to a plush toy for sexual purposes. Some fursuits and inflatables have been known to have an “SPH” built into it for sexual or joke purposes, too.

I think the Ivermectin was there to distract from what that toy was really for.

5 Likes

Oh that? That’s my Ivermectin Support Animal.

4 Likes

I knew this was a thing - I didn’t know there was a name for it…

3 Likes

Rule 34 exists for a reason and ewwwww

4 Likes

If this had been in the US, the hospital could have just added it to their bill:

Removal of forbidden substance from patient’s belongings: $98,000.

4 Likes

I don’t know, pound puppies were all the rage in the '80s. We still have a set in the attic. I gotta clean that attic out.

5 Likes

I think I had some of those… I won them at this carnival. But they were smaller.

Also, they make purses that look like unicorns or dogs etc, but have a zippered pocket for stuff. But it looks like they just slit the seam and sewed up a plush dog.

2 Likes

“But I’m desperate, I’ll try anything. . . even (gulp) modern medical science!”

5 Likes

Having lived in that city for a while, I can say with confidence that yes, that’s a typical Windsor resident there. The only thing that surprises me about this story is that the hospital staff were paying enough attention to notice that they had belongings, much less to examine them enough to notice the slit or contents.

3 Likes

My mother in law, who was severely diabetic and noncompliant, was heading to the hospital once for her heart. She’d had multiple heart issues, and this was not a new experience for her.

She smuggled five pounds of candy in a tissue box. Once in her room, she went about stuffing candy in her bedding, pillows, the bathroom, the drawers, and the window sill.

I was impressed, but still ratted her out to the nurses.

7 Likes

That poor, poor stuffed animal…

2 Likes

Are we sure it wasn’t just that the stuffed dog had worms?

3 Likes