Believers deny ivermectin killed ivermectin influencer

Originally published at: Believers deny ivermectin killed ivermectin influencer | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Uhm, they do know that ivermectin is very much a product of western medicine, right?

52 Likes

29 Likes

I have no problem with MAGAts offing themselves through stupidity.
But dammit horses need that stuff!

35 Likes

Most medicines will kill you in the wrong doses. Even water will, if you drink enough of it fast enough.

15 Likes

Well, there’s always the Darwin awards…

8 Likes

I mean, that part isn’t really crazy.

It’s the “this drug that kills parasites and bacteria is also a cure-all for viral diseases” part where the straight-up woo comes in.

29 Likes

I wouldn’t assume that anyone who buys Goopy New-Age woo knows much about anything.

16 Likes

37 Likes

See for example the contest run by KDND.

8 Likes

When you bring out a plate from the kitchen and tell the person it’s very, very hot and within 3 seconds they complain that they touched it and burnt their finger and demand to speak to the manager.

17 Likes

Does ivermectin actually cure or control Lyme disease? The report says he took it as a cure starting years ago. Was that aspect of it working? Or, had he gone through a more typical drug sequence to get rid if it? Or, did he still suffer with it (and after so many years, it almost certainly would have long since crossed the brain membrane I would think.)

4 Likes

The absolute worst part of this story are the comments about how multiple people have their children on this program.

20 Likes

A horse is a horse, of course, of course.

10 Likes

Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

16 Likes

In some cases parents found denying their children necessary medical care have been found negligent. Could giving your kids a horse dewormer count?

8 Likes

In New Mexico in rural hospitals that served the Indian population and rural folks, they followed the only regimen that was available to them that used inexpensive drugs and followed the latest findings about Covid-19. It was called MATH+ protocal. It used 14.5 mg ivermictin on day one and three only among other drugs like lipitor and herbs like quercetin. Not horse or cow grade but actual pharmaceutical human Ivermictin. It had shown some effect against the virus. This is the probable origin of the use of horse and cow nemicide by fringe antivaxers who mistakenly thought getting the virus and surviving would give you immunity but in fact does not produce any lasting antibodies in 36% of those infected.

2 Likes

“No one can convince me that he died because of ivermectin,”

Well, if you’re not persuadeable, you’re not persuadeable.

6 Likes

Well, if a drug formulated for a 150lb human is good for me, think how much better one intended for a 1500lb horse must be. Ten times better, that’s how much!

Brb, just going to see if I can source some blue whale Ivermectin …

10 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

15 Likes