Believers deny ivermectin killed ivermectin influencer

The article this was all based on was eventually retracted, but of course the horse had already left the barn in the anti-vax world, as it were:

Original retraction for those interested:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0885066620973585

27 Likes

… weird how some people seem to think a lack of critical thought is “strong” or some shit :confused:

11 Likes

The MATH+ protocol didn’t even use ivermectin, though.

The tenuous connection is with Koury’s other retracted paper on ivermectin.

14 Likes

Yep, updated to the proper reference, the retracted article was an extension of MATH+, not MATH+ itself.

12 Likes

Bullshit.

While there is no single ‘Silver Bullet’ to cure COVID-19, we believe that the severely disturbed pathological processes leading to respiratory failure in patients with COVID-19 organizing pneumonia will respond to the combination of Methylprednisone, Ascorbic acid, Thiamine, and full anticoagulation with Heparin (MATH+ protocol).We believe that it is no longer ethically acceptable to limit management to ‘supportive care’ alone, in the face of effective, safe, and inexpensive medications that can effectively treat this disease and thereby reduce the risk of complications and death.

No antihelminthics, no herbs, just established, effective meds. Peddle your disinformation elsewhere,

22 Likes

this is just… wow

Only 25 of 191 patients (13.1%) received all 4 MATH+ therapies, and their mortality rate was 28%.

28%!?

now that’s some terrible math.

6 Likes

I thought the (ostensible) use of Lipitor was even weirder than the ivermectin, myself…

3 Likes

You might want to check if any supporting papers remain unredacted.

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Pierre%20Kory

8 Likes

11 Likes

and another one:

I can’t find any proof that any facilities actively chose to follow their guidance, but I would guess that almost certainly some practitioners did.

I think I understand far better now how this whole Ivermectin brouhaha started - it was grafted onto a well-researched treatment plan (MATH+) and a report was rushed with bad data to give it legitimacy, then the wingnutosphere clamped onto it once it was retracted because of course “clearly they are hiding the truth!!!11one”

sighs

14 Likes

I got into so many arguments with people who were pushing Ivermectin and saying things like, “Well Big Pharma just wants to push their vaccines and other medicines and they don’t want people to know about Ivermectin!” And I would always respond with, “Ivermectin was developed by researchers working for Merck. Merck. Big Pharma doesn’t get any bigger than Merck. Ivermectin is made by Big Pharma.”

20 Likes

I usually add that bit.

7 Likes

I see what you did there.

10 Likes

The Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC ) is a group of physicians and former journalists formed in April 2020 that has advocated for various unapproved, dubious, and ineffective treatments (e.g. hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, and other miscellaneous combinations of drugs and vitamins) for COVID-19.[1][2][3][4][5][6] The group is led by Paul E. Marik and Pierre Kory.[3] Both would later join conservative or right-wing groups promoting COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy and misinformation.

Association with the Demon Sperm doctor should be sufficient to discredit any further input.

I think we are done here. Fraudsters and grifters find poor welcome at BB.

14 Likes

Ivermectin was never part of MATH+. So it wasn’t eliminated from MATH+; it was never there.

Just because a bad article on ivermectin came from the same discredited doctor, doesn’t mean it was part of that protocol.

13 Likes

Dr Demon Sperm is with the America’s Frontline Doctors, rather than Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance.

Different groups, but they’re playing for the same crowd. Dr Kory hooked up with the far more dangerous Koch libertarian Great Barrington Declaration bunch.

4 Likes

Yeah, if they keep taking it, this problem will sort itself out.

1 Like

IIRC vaccines were not a very lucrative line of business before COVID19 came along and caused a pandemic in rich countries. Most vaccines were off-patent and made by the lowest bidder for mass vaccination campaigns in less-developed countries, so the sector was of little interest to Big Pharma.

3 Likes

America’s Frontline Doctors sparked a rash of Frontline “Medical Specialty” groups, all drawing from ghd same small group of (mostly non-medical) people. Different branches of the same weed.

7 Likes

Okay, if I can somehow learn how to play black metal, I at least now know what to name the band: Ivermectin!

1 Like