Oklahomans overdosing on ivermectin are swamping emergency rooms

Originally published at: Oklahomans overdosing on ivermectin are swamping emergency rooms | Boing Boing

10 Likes

On the plus side, they don’t have worms anymore…

17 Likes

What a peculiar metric…

35 Likes

or many other ugly diseases, for that matter.

14 Likes

Some people taking inappropriate doses have actually put themselves in worse conditions than if they’d caught COVID

Wait, these morons now think the horse paste prevents COVID? I thought they thought it cured it after you were infected.

23 Likes

I think the underlying belief is that anti-parasitic drugs have strong anti-viral properties, thus are effective for both prevention and treatment.

ETA: And I think there’s even some very loose basis for that belief, but the underlying logic is about as strong as saying that because stimulants like epinephrine act as bronchiodilators, then next time I start wheezing I should have another cup of coffee.

11 Likes

Drain the swamp!

9 Likes

Because it’s all misinformation and disinformation with no scientific support, it’s easy for the “use case” to mutate. The snake oil grifters have kept people primed for this for years now. It’s really really sad and so much of this medical grift could have been shut down earlier by cracking down on alt-med and supplement woo before a major pandemic made it a cause of mass death.

33 Likes

17 Likes

What is next, removing the ill covid humours via leeching? Maybe trepanation to let the evil virus spirits escape? Maybe a mercury purgative or heroic doses of calomel? Jesus H-Fucking Christ this is such an absolute shitshow of chronic willful stupidity! Why?

26 Likes

OOOOOHHklahoma where the COVID comes sweeping down the plains!

12 Likes

28 Likes

You know 100+ years ago, they DID recommend coffee for hay-fever.

11 Likes

Supposedly how Teddy Roosevelt treated his asthma.

10 Likes

Hey, I say any event is an excuse to have coffee.

17 Likes

Coffee is the most important meal of the day.

24 Likes

I was trying to imagine the response of a Nederlander (or German, or Norwegian, or …) to the news that enough Americans are obstinately stupid that they are crowding out gunshot victims. And the first impulse would be, “they have enough gunshots that they even count? Why not something serious like bicycle collisions?”

29 Likes

Worms or Covid? Which one? …

12 Likes

Oklahoma ain’t OK!

12 Likes

Over here the bicycle collision victims have nothing to fear because the ivermectin craze hasn’t yet caught on. Nor has the hydrochloroquine craze, for that matter – it may be that, Germany being the homeland of homeopathy and all that, the alt-med subscribers hereabouts don’t want anything that hasn’t been diluted into nothingness, and these days even that seems to be on the decline.

15 Likes