Oklahomans overdosing on ivermectin are swamping emergency rooms

How long would it take me to stand up a website selling homeopathic ivermectin? Pretty sure we got enough for a few million doses somewhere in the fridge…

Don’t think of it as a scam; think of it as a profitable harm reduction effort.

28 Likes

As the percentage of people relying on homeopathic medicine keeps declining, the overall population becomes healthier. Therefore, homeopathic dilution actually works!

25 Likes

Tea contains a caffene like chemical called Theobromide. Theobromide is used in the treatment of Asthma. So, maybe he was on to something.

Edit: Chocolate also conatins some…just saying.

7 Likes

I dunno… I mean, if Republicans are going to fall over themselves to rush to the Hereafter, couldn’t they do it in a state where that would do some good, like an electoral swing state? Is that wrong to be thinking that?
wasthatwrong-georgecostanza

17 Likes

“Men have died, from time to time,
And worms have eaten them,
But not for the COVID-19 vaccine”

Apologies to Mr. Shakespeare

12 Likes

Man - if it is that bad, wheel them into an alley and give them buckets while they take care of people for non-self inflicted ailments.

7 Likes

I don’t usually say good things about homeopathic remedies, but it’s definitely better than taking horse doses of ivermectin to cure a viral infection.

13 Likes

That’s the great thing about homeopathic “remedies”: they are so dilute, they are unlikely to have even 1 molecule of the original deleterious ingredients.

10 Likes

So there’s this global pandemic that has killed millions over the last year. Miraculously, virology has advanced to the point that scientists have been able to develop multiple highly effective vaccines in an amazingly short period of time, and I am lucky to live in a part of the world where these vaccines are readily available to me, free of charge.

Nah, I’ll rather take an overdose of horse dewormer instead.

26 Likes

It would be churlish to suggest that this country would be in better shape if this clusterfuck of right wing COVID stupidity and death had happened BEFORE the 2020 census.

4 Likes
27 Likes

(And Oklahoma is always towards the top of gunshot victim rates…)

4 Likes

“He died as he lived, still free of parasitic worms almost exclusively found in horses.”

14 Likes

I can now say about them today what I could say about their predecessors 200 years ago: homeopathic treatments do nothing. Which, compared to some of the quack alternatives, is praise. Faint, perhaps, but still praise.

13 Likes

I am not sure this is a two-sides both right/wrong situation.
The difference being the ketamine might actually be useful …

8 Likes

Idea:

Make ivermectin sufferers get treated and housed in tents on the edge of the hospital parking lot.

1 Like

I think it’s more like them saying that as an example. That being shot isn’t enough to move you up the triage lines because there’s just no “up” to move, and so if you get shot (or in a car accident, or have a heart attack, or an allergic reaction to a bee sting or whatever) in Oklahoma, you may not get any medical care.

10 Likes

They’re not allowed, partly legality and partly liability concerns. Emergency rooms can’t turn people away if they do have space, and can’t discharge people who aren’t healthy enough to discharge. So, it’s purely a matter of who gets the beds first.

4 Likes

Better idea:

Let them go to the Vet for all their livestock-medication side-effect needs.
The Vet would know a hell of a lot more about live-stock medication then the doctors in a hospital would.

7 Likes

That’s so old-timey. In these enlightened times, we use dinnerware glazed with uranium oxide.

(My grandparents had these, and fought tooth and nail to keep them. My mother refused to visit them if they served meals on them, so I only ever saw them in the cupboards. Good times!)

10 Likes