Oklahomans overdosing on ivermectin are swamping emergency rooms

I highly recommend drinking a shot this blue stuff twice a day. It kills viruses! And is already approved for use everywhere.

Pretty color too.

21 Likes

OMG, Alex Jones is getting on this ivermectin thing too. Has the whole world gone mad?

11 Likes

I don’t think Alex Jones doing something crazy is evidence of anything other than Alex Jones acting crazy. That’s just something that should be expected of Alex Jones.

But he may be like a cockroach and resistant to vermicides.

14 Likes

Say you’re American without saying you’re American:

24 Likes

He faked it. Stage magicians called the act out down to the timestamps to look at. They also said unkind things about his skills.

19 Likes

You gotta check your blockquotes for ads.

2 Likes

Add mo ist mo ist?

Probably better than what was there originally.

6 Likes

So I’m glad I watched that, as infuriating as it was, because one thing clear from that video is that Jones did NOT take the horse paste Ivermectin. He took two tablets of the human prescription version. I’d like to know what doctor prescribed that because he should lose his license unless Jones has some parasite (I don’t think being one is sufficient). Anyway, if some idiot tries to tell me Alex Jones took it so they’re going down to their nearest livestock store to buy some, I can grab a screenshot from that video and say “No, he did NOT take the stuff you get from the livestock store.”

20 Likes

You do raise a good point. If Alex Jones takes enough ivermectin, will he shrivel up and leave some worms behind?

18 Likes

We can dream.

13 Likes

Alex Jones probably took a placebo. Anti-parasitics are kryptonite to him.

18 Likes

Yep. He doesn’t have worms. The worms have him.

15 Likes

I also don’t think watching Alex Jones gobbling a white paste on the air, and claiming it’s ivermectin is evidence that he gobbled up ivermectin. More likely he stuck an ivermectin label on a tube of frosting. He’s all about performance art to rile up his audience and convince them to buy his Gold bonds, or End-Of-The-World Rations, or whatever the hell he is peddling now.

15 Likes

Um, if Alex Jones didn’t jump on the ivermectin woo wagon, I’d wonder what was wrong.

14 Likes

… Which bring me to my next “Damn my ethics!” thought…

“Just how unethical would it be to go on some of the qnut forums and suggest that something easily accessible for livestock use, but has a much much lower LD50, has anti-COVID properties…?”

(something something hydrochloroquinone…)

4 Likes

So ivermectin is really just the delta variant of vaccine hesitancy. Got it.

11 Likes
5 Likes

Pretty sure DJ Trump beat you to that suggesting that people take disinfectants internally…

6 Likes

In the interest of fact-checking the hospital in question put out this statement refuting the doctor Rolling Stone and The Hill quoted for the story, so we may want to take some of his specific claims with a lick of salt.

Message from the administration of Northeastern Health System - Sequoyah:

Although Dr. Jason McElyea is not an employee of NHS Sequoyah, he is affiliated with a medical staffing group that provides coverage for our emergency room.

With that said, Dr. McElyea has not worked at our Sallisaw location in over 2 months.

NHS Sequoyah has not treated any patients due to complications related to taking ivermectin. This includes not treating any patients for ivermectin overdose.

All patients who have visited our emergency room have received medical attention as appropriate. Our hospital has not had to turn away any patients seeking emergency care.

We want to reassure our community that our staff is working hard to provide quality healthcare to all patients. We appreciate the opportunity to clarify this issue and as always, we value our community’s support.

True or not, taking horse paste as a preventative treatment for a virus we already have a vaccine for is still pretty dang stupid.

26 Likes

Glad Rolling Stone is keeping up to its post-Duke Lacrosse rape story journalistic standards.

11 Likes