The Democratic Party's SOPA-loving, Snowden-hating, Hillary-partisan power-broker has her first-ever primary challenger

Actually, Bernie sued the DNC.

1 Like

I guess presenting John McCain as a drag queen is supposed to be some sort of insult or humiliation to him? Are you in 8th grade?

Iā€™m kinda broke so could only give him $10 today.

https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/timcanova2016

2 Likes

It all counts and early contributions matter the most as they demonstrate the candidates fundraising viability, which bolsters social proof persuasion and the overall bandwagon effect.

2 Likes

Agreed, but Iā€™ll take issue only with setting Trump anywhere above Cruz (as has been pointed out by @hello_friends). But yes, the more Iā€™ve watched DWS handle the DNC position, the less I liked her actions.

1 Like

Correct, my mistake. But my characterization of the episode as a ā€œvoter records fiascoā€ stands.[quote=ā€œTrubbl, post:22, topic:72422, full:trueā€]
I guess presenting John McCain as a drag queen is supposed to be some sort of insult or humiliation to him? Are you in 8th grade?
[/quote]

No, Iā€™m in, like, tenth. And you guessed wrong! WHEEE!!!

2 Likes

I think what is what irks so many is that DWS seems to play favourites within the party. Seems. I canā€™t state if itā€™s true or not. I think many forget that she got the job because she supports the Dems first, and my guess is that even if Bernie pulls it off sheā€™ll throw her support behind him.

Bavarians have a term for a politician like DWS: Wadlbeisser.

1 Like

I certainly expect she will support a Sanders candidacy (otherwise, I would expect wholesale chaos in the party), and I do think sheā€™s played favorites with HRC, given her speedy slapdown of the Sanders folks in the aforementioned records fiasco.

As for ā€œWadlbeisserā€, my brief two years in high school German (Frau Heimlich, youā€™ll never be forgotten; slandered, yes, but not forgotten) prepared me for the pronunciation, but not much more. How would you define the word itself? A politician that waffles, perhaps? Or one thatā€™s committed to the party, and MOSTLY to one candidate within, but who will reluctantly support whomever the voters vote into candidacy?

A Wadlbeisser is a dog who bites you in the calves. In the political sense itā€™s the party member who makes the nastiest attacks, the guy or gal who does the attacking so that the leader can keep his or her hands clean and conveniently leash in the rabid attacker when the Wadlbeisser overdoes it.

(Edited typos)

3 Likes

Which, in American politics, could also be the Vice President, given they have little real power and are usually put into the attack-dog mode you so aptly describe. Maybe the English word for it could/should be ā€œSarah Palinā€, if that didnā€™t already have connotations of mental imbalance and cognitive dissonance.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.