The DeSantis family are practicing gas station food connoisseurs

How often do people here praise Wa-Wa? :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t even like to buy gas at gas stations.

6 Likes

Do you have an electric car? :thinking: We have not made the leap yet, but the next car my family buys will most likely be electric…

3 Likes

Nope, I don’t drive enough to justify owning the vehicles I do. I am pretty close to selling them off and keeping one.

Gas stations are regulated and have people checking to see if they are selling the primary product they exist to sell in the right quantities. I can not find my way to trust their food.

6 Likes

I went into a Sheetz in 1998 in Pittsburgh and it was like entering the future.

25 years later and Quik Trip around here finally caught up - but I wonder if Sheetz has surpassed itself or what?

Also, KC has several small gas stations that also serve their own foods made on site, like tacos or BBQ.

4 Likes

Sadly, his phony baloney “man of the people” act precludes him from eating gas station sushi.

3 Likes

Doesn’t the original Joe’s in KCK still sell gas? Does anyone actually buy gas there?

1 Like

It’s really a remarkable operation. I’m in California but needed to be in both Dallas and Little Rock a couple weeks ago so ended up driving there and back. Stopped at the Buc-ee’s in both directions. The Brisket sandwich was pretty darn good for – I think it was $7? And the place was immaculate.

The pay/benefits for their employees are apparently quite good, too.

No matter what this guy’s opinion of it, I’m not going say one bad thing about the place.

7 Likes

I’m craving one of those brisket sandwiches right now. Unfortunately, there are no Buc-ee’s in Missouri (yet).

3 Likes

Not sure? There was a place in Lees Summit that was a gas station, but now the pump is just for show.

1 Like

Yes. During the pandemic they installed outdoor seating on one side of the pumps and closed that car lane, which I think is still I use today. You can actually sit next to a gas pump and eat some of the world’s best BBQ.

I know what everyone is thinking and yeah the idea isn’t great. But keep in mind this place has a 30+ minute line from 10am to 2pm.

2 Likes

Yeah, thank you. I was coming over here to say this. Casey’s actually has really solid pizza for a gas station chain. In some Iowa towns it’s really the best pizza you can get. When I’m back home I tend to pick that over any of the general chains and their breakfast pie by the slice is legit.

Ron D sucks but the food at Casey’s is the real deal.

5 Likes

It has been a long time, but in a prior century a friend and I use to commute from Collage Park, MD to Sparks, MD. We carpooled because it was a super long drive. Many mornings we would stop a Wa-Wa and buy lunch, generally in the form of a bread roll and some deli meat. I don’t remember it being particularly better or worse than a supermarket for the same task, but it was a lot cheaper then eating out for lunch.

3 Likes

Hold up.
There IS a very real Southern Tradition of EXCELLENT gas station food.
I’d still avoid the sushi, but if you’re looking for traditional comfort foods, especially fried or BBQd, then there are some good AF places that deserve to be Michelin starred.

4 Likes

OH, I should concur. Caseys is pretty good.

I think they put a little extra sugar in their dough - it has a sweet aftertaste to me.

2 Likes

So, we’re moving into the “time to humanize Ron” phase of his campaign. Shame she has way more charisma than him.

4 Likes

How does he usually travel around the state these days?

1 Like

I know exactly where that is. I lived in Lees Summit for 10 years, and I always meant to try that place and never did.

2 Likes

Can I still say “fuck you Ron” and enjoy some convenience food?!

3 Likes

Yuppie Bastards.

You’ll never see the likes of them eating Gas Station Food where real people live:

Dessicated weenies rolling endlessly on the warmer, well on their way to becoming jerky…
Stale buns, if they even have any…
The ketchup/mustard pump that requires multiple strokes to prime & expel the dried plug in the nozzle…
Fuzzy film on the relish vat…
Premade sandwiches in bulging packaging… etc, etc.
All at extortionate prices, since there are no grocery stores for miles around.

2 Likes