"The difference between boys and girls"

Is that Jack Horkheimer, after a planetarium-fight?

1 Like

KEEP LOOKING UP!
Ā 

2 Likes

Is this a repost from the early days of BoingBoing? Like, from the 1950s?

8 Likes

The difference between boys and girls

I know the answer!

1 Like

What! USED to. Come back baby rock and roll never forgets. Of course now a days I use 16 oz bottles because I am trying to cut back a little.

4 Likes

I regularly catch myself doing this cups thing as Iā€™m walking through the officeā€¦

6 Likes

Ever bite a slinky?

2 Likes

he used to shake 'em down, but now heā€™s more concerned about his dignity : )

3 Likes

I used to do that with juggling clubs (well my softer plastic ones) while juggling.

4 Likes

Many of us experience the pain of the dominant cultureā€™s constant celebration of itself. We learn to deal. My first hand experience of my friends and colleagues in transgendered community tells me they have a stronger backbone for this relentless reality than you do.

3 Likes

Sometimes we do. Other times, especially when youā€™re younger and developing into your identity, youā€™re just left standing there wondering ā€œWell where do I fit in, then?ā€ If we have a stronger backbone for it than cis people do, itā€™s because we see it so much.

6 Likes

Haha, i was about to say that.

They also make great substitute lightsabres. You get to swordfight plus have awesome noises :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Iā€™m willing to believe that head-hitting is a gender linked trait, but clearly women do it. It would be very difficult to disentangle the cultural norms around politeness from the perpetual sense that there is something unaligned in your head that you just have to tap back into place.

5 Likes

No, but now Iā€™m equal part curious and confusedā€¦

I saw one person endorsing slinky biting, and I thought, ā€œwell, thatā€™s unusualā€ and then another apparently unrelated person in the same thread says the same thing. Apparently slinky biting is a thing!

Iā€™m sufficiently paranoid about my teeth these days that Iā€™d be a little hesitant to bite down on metal. maybe gently I guess.

My thing with slinkies as a kid was to blow up a balloon inside a slinky - then it makes starwars noises.

Now I just hit my kidsā€™ heads with empty 2-liters. Both boys.

4 Likes

So the modern classroom consists of 14 instances of this?

6 Likes

So if you bite a slinky, then drop it, you get the starwars noises directly to your inner ear through your teeth.

2 Likes

The ones who survive do, but too many donā€™t get that far.

3 Likes

In 7th grade, particularly? Yup, that pretty much covers it!

1 Like