"The difference between boys and girls"

[Read the post]

6 Likes

To be fair, hitting yourself in the head with a plastic bottle is very soothing, it makes a great sound!

27 Likes

The image doesn’t load correctly in blog view (the one true way to browse Boing Boing).

4 Likes

This is soooo my kids.

2 Likes

I don’t get it?

[note sarcasm]

2 Likes

Future governor of Wisconsin and presidential aspirant.

5 Likes

I remember I used to like bashing my head into things at that age. I found it life-affirming. Shit, maybe I oughta start again.

15 Likes

2 Likes

A lot of that is age, though. Girls go through puberty before boys do, so from about 12-14 a classroom of same-aged students will look and act like older sisters with younger brothers.

8 Likes

Is this were I confess that I’ve done that with a 2 liter bottle, as an adult woman, because it makes a fun sound?

35 Likes

Oh, good, I’m not the only one.

19 Likes

Is there a support group? The sound is sooo sooothing… and calming…

12 Likes

Because sexual stereotypes are so much fun!

(Seriously, I know enough trans people and gender outlaws to see the kind of damage these tropes cause. Kids who don’t fit these stereotypes are made to feel wrong from the inside out. It’s just celebrating the way life just naturally is, for the majority who fit, but for those who don’t, it’s hell on earth. Enough already!)

11 Likes

And I, as an adult man, have done the Cups thing, so :shrug:.

6 Likes

Have you ever “bit the slinky”? Hold one end of a Slinky™ between your teeth and drop the other end to the ground… sprrrrrooooiiiinnnnng!

3 Likes

All those years ago my friends and I were doing it wrong. We should have been hitting ourselves with empty plastic bottles instead of hitting each other.

14 Likes

I used to love hitting myself in the head with an empty 2-liter bottle…

5 Likes

yeah whatever, I just tried doing it for like an hour and there was nothing fun about it no matter what I filled the bottle with - coke, sprite, blood, sand, fanta, dr. pepper, no fun at all.

9 Likes

No, but if I ever come across a slinky clean enough for my mouth, I’ll give it a try!

2 Likes

The image does load correctly with the bookmarklet (the one true way to browse the blog view).

1 Like