The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/31/the-elements-a-visua.html

3 Likes

5 Likes

… a chunk of gallium will melt in your hand (you can buy a sample here)?

I got my two vials from a BB recommendation!

… a speck of scandium (“the first of the elements you’ve never heard of”) added to aluminum creates a very strong

I’ve heard of it! S&W use it one of their revolver lines.

2 Likes

Exploration of Every Known Adam in the Universe

Video at 5…

3 Likes

Wha’t amazing with scandium is that it was discovered in a small Swedish mine that is responsible for the discovery of a sizable fraction of the periodic chart:

7 Likes

Every known atom? Sounds ambitious, better get…

1 Like

sophiscated_cat_phixr

4 Likes

Gray has also a rather nice app for the iPad, “The Elements by Theodore Gray”, probably much of the same content. It contains the Tom Lehrer song mentioned above, and lots of information and 3d scans for each element. Highly recommended.

Can also recommend a good podcast called “The Elements” that gives each one its own fascinating episode.

1 Like

Just to help people find it: it’s actually called “The Episodic Table of Elements”, and it’s great.

We love this book in our house, but it isn’t his newest. He has one titled Molecules and the newest one is Reactions, both in the same style.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.