The Empire Strips Back: "Star Wars" burlesque show soon to tour the West Coast

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/25/the-empire-strips-back-star.html

1 Like

I like Star Wars. And I like boobs. I just. . .I just don’t think I’d like them together, y’know? Sort of a chocolate and beer, reggae and the Beatles kind of thing.

5 Likes

I wonder if they did any kind of routine based on C3PO’s nude scene from Episode I.

7 Likes

Not to mention:

9 Likes

CaliforniaNationStateof%20Mind

and now SW Burlesque. Keeping it real Ca.

6 Likes

What’s wrong with that?

3 Likes

Wake me when we get a SW themed burlesque show that features both male and female storm troopers wearing improbably skimpy versions of Star Wars costumes.

3 Likes

Like this?

3 Likes

Some one should tell Australia that the other 90% of the US likes Star Wars too :confused:

4 Likes

My first thought, and I swear this is what immediate popped into my brain when I saw the picture, was:

Aren’t you a little too sexy lady to be a stormtrooper?

Everyone knows stormtroopers never hit anything. This way their targets will be too distracted to hit them back, evening out the odds.

Poll: which is the superior pun name for a routine inspired by the orange-and-white droid?

• DD-8
  • BooBie-8

0 voters

Springtime for Vader and the Empire!
Winter for Alderaan and Hoth!

1 Like

no, their targets will be trying to hit on them.

Man we need so much more of this kind of crazy, funny, silly stuff. I love people who think like this. My favorite professor in school said his wife loved Cherry Chocolate and Beer. He loved her for that (among other things) and I love people who are completely batshit nuts and wonderfully functional.
Who would you rather see, the Storm Strippers or mitch mc’conell?

1 Like

A friend of mine saw this when it was in Sydney. Said it was awesome.

This show had a decent run at a theatre a few blocks from my old lab in Sydney. Never saw it; I had friends into burlesque at the time, but they were more on the amateur/queer side of things.

I wonder if this is a parody. Did they mention whether it’s a parody or not? I missed whether they said anything about it being a parody production.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.