The Endless Acid Banger generates infinitely-evolving EDM for your pleasure

Originally published at: The Endless Acid Banger generates infinitely-evolving EDM for your pleasure | Boing Boing

8 Likes

This is relevant to my interests. They need to do a London Acid Techno version tho

5 Likes

minimal bloops

Good name for a band.

5 Likes

i came across a great name for a dark-vaporwave project while i was reading tolkien a couple of weeks ago:

some haggard phantom

3 Likes

This genre isn’t my cup of tea, but I like what it comes up with. The application itself is impressive - I haven’t heard any patterns that just don’t work yet.

1 Like

I want a generative music player that adapts the music as you encounter different experiences. Get on the bus and start going 60 mph on the freeway - the bpm increases. Stand still for several minutes with a lowering heartrate - the bpm decreases, volume lowers. Hear voices in your microphone of people talking to you - volume lowers.

That won’t work well for me, my usual starting BPM means that I would get extratone before I hit the speed limit.

3 Likes

I came back to this post just to say how much I liked what it played for a couple of hours last night. After I stopped playing with the knobs and buttons and just left it in the background.

I wish I could pause it, though.

This is exactly my genre. Stay up forever forever. Bleepy is good, but it needs to be a bit more banging. I’ve been listening to hör Berlin on YouTube a lot recently, but maybe I’ll just leave this on instead.

1 Like

Time to post this again:

1 Like

Some browsers, like Firefox, let you mute a tab. It’s not the same as a true pause (it still takes CPU time and keeps fiddling with the knobs in the background), but it kills the noise. You can also refresh the tab to get it to the “click to start” screen. Again, not a true pause, but it makes it quiet.

1 Like

Thanks! Chrome has “Mute site” that I forget about. But refreshing is even better.

1 Like

Takes me back to the many many hours spent dicking with ReBirth making shitty techno music by screwing with the various dials and buttons until it made interesting noises.

2 Likes

Well, if ur pausing then ur not Banging!!! A TEAM!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.