The first page of X-Men: Grand Design, with author and artist Ed Piskor's commentary

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/03/x-men-grand-design-1.html

3 Likes

Welcome back, Ed; we missed you! Congrats on landing your dream gig!

5 Likes

YES!

3 Likes

Hmm…I know I have X-Men #137, but I don’t even remember the Recorder!

Reading this first page, I figured he was a Piskor creation with an appropriate throwback mix-tape interface.

Can’t wait for the rest. Ed’s the perfect one to do this, the early hip-hop pantheon is about as complicated as all the X-men offshoots.

4 Likes

As someone who enjoys the Marvel mythos but is woefully unsteeped in the dauntingly large backstories, I love this concept.

2 Likes

good looking, Ed. really looking forward to this. X-men was the only title that I collected back when, except for offshoots like Wolverine and Excalibur. This strip speaks to me because damn the story arc is maddening; a clusterfuck of loose-ends, ret-cons, time-travel, and no-prizes.

2 Likes

My first introduction to X-Men was the 90’s animated series, the movies always seemed adequate.(half of them, anyway) I always found the task of trying to jump into the comics rather monumental, where do you start? the start? that seems like a huuge investment. anyways, this seems like lore without the filler. I will give it a shot.

1 Like

I’m happy to see you back Ed! I love your work, and your dedication to your vision.

2 Likes

The first volume isn’t out in the UK until the 18th of this month, but I’ve pre-ordered it already because I’ve learnt in the past that Ed is a lovely bloke who cares about his readers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.