The five stages of margarine grief

Well, in some countries, these spreads don’t even fit the definition of margarine.

So the vague, ridiculous descriptions are almost the only way to describe the product.

6 Likes

Might as well smoke 'em if you got 'em!

6 Likes

The tears of people who bought it by accident.

8 Likes

We keep this gunk around because we have visitors with no joke life threatening food allergies, that would most likely die if served real butter.

I can’t say it tastes as good as butter, but it turns out it is absolutely awesome for seasoning cast iron cookware.

PS: “Rendered Blubber” is my new Meatloaf cover band.

7 Likes

Roommate recently bought that, i haven’t tried it out yet as i have no problem with regular butter. Also during my recent move to a new apartment someone threw out my jar of bacon fat i had in a jar that i would use for cooking. I’m still upset over that, thankfully the solution requires me to cook more bacon.

2 Likes

What stage is “stolen from St. Alphonso’s pancake breakfast”?

2 Likes

I think that one is the best of the not butters.

3 Likes

Also known as I Can Believe It’s Almost Plastic!

4 Likes

Alternate name: Holy shit. What the fuck am i eating??

7 Likes

Another pseudonym; Why the Fuck Are You Eating That?!? It’s Barely Even Food!

5 Likes

In Canada, margarine was prohibited from 1886 to 1948, though this ban was temporarily lifted from 1917 until 1923 due to dairy shortages. Nevertheless, bootleg margarine was produced in the neighboring Dominion of Newfoundland from whale, seal, and fish oil by the Newfoundland Butter Company and was smuggled to Canada where it was widely sold for half the price of butter. The Supreme Court of Canada lifted the margarine ban in 1948 in the Margarine Reference. That year, Newfoundland negotiated its entry into the Canadian Confederation - one of its three non-negotiable conditions for union with Canada was a constitutional protection for the new province’s right to manufacture margarine.

Cool. I did not know that.

Margarine Reference would be another fine band name.

5 Likes

also notable for awesome lyrics:

2 Likes

There is no acceptance. You are just lying to yourself.

IMG_2705

9 Likes

4 Likes

I know this is about margarine and not grief, but I always get stuck at anger.

2 Likes

Margarine - more interesting than you’d think.

Someone should make a graphic novel about margarine bootleggers and smugglers in Canada, set around 1900.

1 Like

http://topfamousquotes.com/quotes-about-margarine/

Wait, I NEVER want salted butter. Dammit, you’ve got salt on the table. Salt it your own damn self.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.