The Flying of the Freak Flags

• I really love the look of old software rendered 3D, or 3D from that era in general; to me Thief: The Dark Project is an incredibly pretty game.
  • As it came up a couple threads over, I armchair lawyer for fun.
  • (subweird) My parents tried to get me to enter law school, something I’m not interested in, but apparently degrees for the field I am pursuing are enough to qualify for certain bars in my state. Who would’ve figured.
  • Bisexual; technically pansexual, but I’ve always thought the latter sounds kind of dumb.
  • I’m pretty jealous of Electrical Engineers; that’s another hobby of mine (and another I’ve brought up on here, went and calculated how much power you’d be getting out of some solar panels.)
  • I tend to think of dumb stuff, then try and think through the implications of it as deeply as possible. It’s fun as an exercise for building worlds.
  • I’ve never been religious, much to some of my family’s chagrin, but I’ve always really liked religion. I often mentally lament the fact that people still believe in all this religion stuff because it gets in the way of appreciating all these awesome stories and the lore built around them.
  • I sometimes worry that I’m a sociopath who managed to trick myself into thinking I’m normal; I have a natural wariness of power because of it.
  • I’m ambidextrish: in some things I’m right-handed, in others I’m left-handed, some things I’m ambidextrous. Sometimes which hand I use for what is entirely random at that moment.
  • Socially awkward like everyone else here, apparently.
  • I have long hair! Longest was down to the small of my back. I’ve been told by a friend that I’d look really intimidating if my hair wasn’t the way it is, so I guess that’s a reason to keep it. It’s also apparently just really nice hair, every female friend I’ve had has asked to brush it at least once.
  • Having read way too many of those sherlock holmes style puzzle books as a kid, I sort of just automatically try to make inductions from scattered information. It really helps with point 5, it means I can flesh out some pretty detailed ideas and worlds from only a small set of anchor points.

…Pretty sure that’s at least most of my weirdness.

EDIT:
A big one I forgot: Velveeta and american cheese are abominations which should be struck from the Earth. Cheez Wiz is required for certain foods.

11 Likes