The former president of DuPont trained his pet iguanas to attack

I would think Du Pont approved of Hitler, in the same way Ford did.

1 Like

IIRC Clint got tailwhipped in the face when he presented an iguana on his clint’s reptiles show.

I think he also rated iguanas at something like 3.5/10 as a pet anyone should keep. There’s Much better lizards that resent you less, take up less room, and don’t need 3 types of lighting.

6 Likes

Yes, but did any of them have lasers? No? Dr. Evil for the win.

2 Likes

I’m not one to defend the plutocracy, but surely we can’t fault a man for taking reasonable security precautions like this?

Sure, we all want to live in the happy fantasy land where this isn’t necessary. But the hard truth is, an iguanaed society is a polite society.

4 Likes

Larry David Reaction GIF

1 Like

“Attack, my snails, ATTACK!!!”

4 Likes

Attack Iguanas.

1 Like

This.

They’ve got fun nutritional requirements. They need natural sunlight or really good lighting. They need super high humidity. They get big, so they need tons of space. So unless you already live in a tropical area, and are willing to be a vegetarian chef, they’re not the easiest to care for.

That’s not even considering the pissiness that alot of them develop at sexual maturity (or outright aggression in a lot of cases).

I tell people "if you want a cool green dinosaur looking lizard, get a captive bred chinese water dragon. Insectivores, smaller, but still sizeable, and you can manage humidity by adding a humidifier to any enclosure.

5 Likes

“Hey that guy over there has some tasty treats in his shoes!!”

1 Like

Everyone is focusing on the iguanas, no one mentions the castle named “Xanadu”?
I’m so very, very disappointed

2 Likes

Their mouths aren’t very big, you’d have time to yell for help.

The only thing the family iguana ever attacked me over was a grapefruit rind. I made the mistake of eating the forbidden fruit within sight of her enclosure. I lost that fight, but I certainly didn’t fear for my life.

Aside from pilfering fruit and swimming in the bathtub, her favorite activity was picking fights with the iguana thay lived in the mirror. I don’t want to say iguanas are untrainable. (You can train a goldfish.) But I certainly never saw much potential in ours.

6 Likes

wp-content

lunchtime at papi’s. these guys come around for veggie scraps.
Huatulco, Oaxaca, MX.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.