The "Freedom Phone" that has Trumpers all excited is actually made in China

Originally published at: The "Freedom Phone" that has Trumpers all excited is actually made in China | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Isn’t all his branded stuff made in China? He knows as much as I do about manufacturing, that is, order from Alibaba.

ETA
Seriously, you can order a pallet/container of any old shite that is in the shops and get your brand on it!

Quality goods? In a bit of short supply. It’s kind of the fidget spinner factory ecosystem.

17 Likes

Freedom From The Truth Phone

The truth that you are being fleeced…

17 Likes

We all want the freedom to pay more for something we don’t need.

It’s the American way.

9 Likes

It’s a goldmine of willful ignorance and bigotry just begging to be exploited.

Gold

14 Likes

The right’s only reason to exist now is to grift off their followers. I wish I lacked scruples, I’d love to make bank off these suckers.

24 Likes

Apparently it’s pretty easy to do.

5 Likes

Why in the ACTUAL FUCK is Ali Alexander still walking around as a free Sammy Davis Jr. clone!?!??

5 Likes

The Trump worshiping cult deserves to be exploited.

3 Likes

Honest question: is it possible to get a phone not made in China?

3 Likes

If there’s a product, service or “charity” aimed at Trump supporters, it’s pretty much guaranteed to be a scam. Even in situations where you’d think, “This is so basic and straightforward, there’s no way it could be a scam,” it’s a scam.

10 Likes

200 (6)

5 Likes

In theory, yes.

In practice, it would be very hard and would require designing a new phone around parts that don’t come from China. It would be very overpriced ($500 would be low cost) but the Trumpists would have their freedumb phone.

6 Likes

“Freedom Phone” & “Freedom Fries” equals “Murica”

4 Likes

I will laugh if this turns out to be the next iteration of the ANOM phone.

9 Likes

Samsung phones are made in South Korea, India, and Vietnam.

Nokia phones are made in India.

These are ones I know off the top of my head.

Though, all of them probably have some components made in China/Hong Kong/Taiwan.

7 Likes

Phone’s just the tip of the iceberg, I’d like to see not made in China options for everything.

1 Like

Given their penchant for projection, I’m sure that the GOP will be giving away these phones in election season 2024.

4 Likes

And there’s nothing baked into the phone that can’t be removed? Like some default app that refuses to go?

That would be quite the amazing device, if true.

2 Likes

Taiwan is effectively an independent country. Taiwanese components should not be counted as Chinese.

4 Likes