The Gallery of Just Decent People

Saw on another thread somebody being described as a mensch and then I saw this article and thought “you know who really is a sound person? That David Tennant is.”

So here I invite you to celebrate people being decent human beings.

15 Likes

Does a video of this exist? I can’t find it and some Tory kicking in front of a large audience is always a tonic.

5 Likes

I didn’t see it either. I’ve always liked Tennant but he’s been a really decent person standing up to the anti trans bigots recently. I think he has a non-binary child hence the personal nature of his anger at the new minister for anti woke.

I have it on now:

Around 21 minutes in.

9 Likes

Not sure how i missed that, but thank you!

Yeah, apparently he wears a non-binary badge on a lot of these shows. :sunglasses:

6 Likes
12 Likes

Sad Matthew Mcconaughey GIF by Legendary Entertainment

7 Likes

Mrs. McAliskey is still out there doing good work in Northern Ireland… she seems to spend much of her time advocating for migrants, for one…

11 Likes

When it comes to Just Decent People in the UK, we do tend to suffer from a shortage.

However, my personal favourite decent person - John Bird, Baron Bird - Wikipedia

Just an amazing human being.

Also, @robertmckenna , beautiful thread, cheers.

10 Likes
9 Likes

Very cool, i thought it was just an ordinary TARDIS badge.

4 Likes

Oh! Also Wil Wheaton!

His acting ensign pride pin! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Bjork!!!

Soviet Union Moon GIF by Jason Clarke

5 Likes

This guy right here saved some children yesterday and he didn’t hit any bystanders as he didn’t use a gun.

Muito obrigado Caio!

ETA

The thank you Caio fund is at over €200K

9 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/22/us/migrant-us-border-boy-rescue-cec/index.html

A migrant crossed the border and found a scared, 9-year-old Arizona boy alone in the desert. The encounter changed them both

Deep in the Arizona wilderness, as daylight faded in the desert mountains, a boy stood on a narrow road, holding a broken mirror.

It was Thanksgiving Day 2007. Chris Buchleitner was 9 years old. The mirror had snapped off the side of his mother’s van a few minutes earlier, when she drove off the road and they went tumbling down a steep hill. Now his mother lay trapped in the crumpled van, down in the canyon. Chris had escaped from the van and climbed up to look for help.

They were a few miles from the Mexican border. Chris had recently seen a Border Patrol helicopter, and he hoped to use the mirror as a signaling device. But the helicopter was nowhere in sight. His mother’s cell phone was out of range. Chris was lonely, afraid, running out of ideas. And then, in the gathering dusk, he saw a stranger approaching.

The man had come from Mexico. He’d crossed the border illegally, planning to start a new life. He’d been separated from his companions as they dodged authorities and the criminals who prey on migrants in the desert. But he was still free, and if he caught a few more breaks he could make it to Tucson or Phoenix and find the kind of job he needed to support his family back home.

Now this man had a choice to make.

He could keep going, safe for now from the Border Patrol, and leave the boy on his own.

7 Likes
4 Likes

You should cross-post that in The Kids Are Alright thread.

5 Likes

They are a lovely couple… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Maybe he didnt realize that trademark defense companies will go after everyone, because they legally have to. Still, when he found out, it seems like a decent reaction.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.