A thoughtful interview with David Tennant about the loss of anonymity

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/26/a-thoughtful-interview-with-da.html

5 Likes

He did a hell’uva fine job on Good Omens.

13 Likes

tumblr_mm532gmfFl1r8jtnpo1_500

28 Likes

Even if I was the number one fan of a celebrity, a nod and a smile is all that’s really polite in a non public event situation. (And then only if they caught me gawking.)

12 Likes

What is this from?!? I must watch this immediately!

4 Likes

if you liked all his other work, it stands to reason that you’d probably like his Doctor Who as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not that I’ll ever have to worry about it, but you’d have to pay me a serious amount of money (as in more than a lead actor’s salary) to take on the burden of celebrity. I’ll never understand the mentality of those who simply aspire to fame for the sake of fame.

8 Likes

That’s what I’d like to do and what I’d like to think I would do

On the rare occasion that I found myself in the vicinity of a celebrity I admire, I’ve even pulled it off.
But put me in an elevator with Rowan Atkinson or Tony Robinson and suddenly have a cunning plan. And no sense of boundaries with my blithering admiration.

Glad I’ll never be famous.

4 Likes

This, I believe:

16 Likes

If I’m going to approach a celebrity in the street and interrupt their day, I have to really and deeply admire their work (e.g. having spent time analysing what makes it so good). I’ve done that maybe twice, kept it very short (no gushing thesis dissertations on their ouevre), did not ask for an autograph or selfie. Both times they were very gracious.

5 Likes

He seems to have a lot of fun doing the voice of Scrooge in the new DuckTales series.

13 Likes

This, he is awesome as Scrooge.

2 Likes

I see what you did there…

7 Likes

Reckon that facial hair must make for a pretty good disguise.

One is reminded of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in Airplane.

2 Likes

Airplan!%201__Roger__Huh

7 Likes

That’s basically the premise here:

http://www.hoeflichepaparazzi.de

He was once in a movie where celebrity privacy was a major theme:

(The Decoy Bride)

2 Likes

I would listen to David Tennant read a phone book.

8 Likes

I was watching season 3 of Jessica Jones last night and came to the realization that Killgrave and Crowley were played by the same actor and kind of amazed.

2 Likes