David Tennant tells anti-trans bigots to “F**ck off”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/07/david-tennant-tells-anti-trans-bigots-to-fck-off.html

36 Likes

Doctor Who Yes GIF

50 Likes

amazon prime GIF by Good Omens

50 Likes

In a word: confident.

42 Likes

Lovely man, always. Great respect.

45 Likes

I always knew Tennant was a good dude. Great to see that play out.

28 Likes

i love him so much.

18 Likes

The big frustration I feel with UK trans news is that I strongly suspect that most people in the UK agree with Tennant – but the Tories and Labour have just decided to make life hell for trans people because they think it’s fun. :frowning:

22 Likes

That checks out. Good thing Tories are lazy worthless twats!

9 Likes

The Tories to deflect from the ills they themselves visit upon the population, Labour’s leadership appear to have adopted this position largely out of cowardice.

18 Likes

I expect to see it featured on lecterns soon, like the catchy slogans of other invented dead cat crises

12 Likes

Notice his lapel pin? I’ve seen him wearing that one, a trans pride T.A.R.D.I.S. pin, and probably others in interviews and other appearances. :heart_eyes: I have a lot of respect for him!

23 Likes

It really is that simple.

You don’t need to be bothered about it. F**k off and let people be

20 Likes

IMG_3932

14 Likes

“When I was a teenager, I remember gay rights being weaponised politically. That always felt ugly and nasty. We look back on that, 30 years later, and those people are clearly on the wrong side of history,” he said.

“Now, there is a similar weaponisation of these topics being taken by mostly the right wing, or certain sections of society, to create friction and conflict and division where it needn’t be.”

This is the part that always gets me. I remember what was being said about gay people when I was a kid, and almost exactly the same language is used now to talk about trans people. In some cases by the exact same arseholes who were gay-bashing in the 80’s.
They can’t get away with talking about gay people like that any more, so they’ve moved on to another ‘out’ group, who can’t defend themselves.

15 Likes

The next cycle will probably be bigots demanding that Enbies pick a lane to “protect the children”. :sob:

6 Likes

The one predictable thing is that, so long as the RWNJs have a platform, they will also have a group to other, demonize, dehumanize and fear. They have to. It’s their only reason to be. That should say enough about them, but somehow, not.

9 Likes

Good on yer David, and always remember that with the Tories, the cruelty is the point.

11 Likes

Good for him! I enjoyed both seasons of Good Omens and he really goes all out in every scene. It wasn’t GREAT TV like Severance (brilliant) or Succession (great to start, steadily less great) or Westworld (amazing season1, good season 2, by season 4 it felt like they had wrung any meaningful story out of it all, sigh).

We just had gay and straight when I was growing up back in the Triassic period. Hints of ‘other’. Now my kids have friends who are NB, trans, gay and more. All are welcome here. A safe welcoming space, good food, no judgement, people who care and feel the need to have love triumph over hate and division.

For small creatures such as we, the infinite vastness of space and time is only made bearable through love. CS

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.