The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Wife and I spent our 10th anniversary at Biltmore and wandering around Asheville. Can’t say we ran into this particular individual, but agree, can strongly recommend. The arts scene there is pretty damn cool as well.

4 Likes

Yeah, lots of great local art you can buy or view…

Biltmore is amazing, but also expensive. I really love downtown, though. The number of book stores there has just skyrocketed in the last few years. There is now one that is massive and also has a bar!

4 Likes

Books and a bar?? I might never leave!!

5 Likes

Why would anyone know what was available to buy in such a store without looking? “Hello, I’d like to buy a bagpipe, a kilt, a nine iron and a cable sweater, please.”

1 Like

It’s a nice one…

http://batteryparkbookexchange.com/

You have to know what you want, she says. Also, she needs your genealogy as far back as the 16th century at least and it better be pure Scottish, mofo, as they are the only Celtic people that matter!

5 Likes

Court stomp!

17 Likes

I think I know the type, in Scotland they’re the ones who go out of their way to support Rangers even if they don’t like sport. It’s all about the sectarianism.

Yes, I know, Not All Rangers Fans

8 Likes

I tend to be a bit suspicious of Irish Celtic fans…

3 Likes

I have had people online who were suprised that I distanced myself from Celtic even though I was left wing. The sectarian violence was too much to ignore though.

Besides, I have family in Dumfries so I am duty bound to support Queen of the South in Scottish football.

4 Likes

Yeah, there are plausible reasons to genuinely support Celtic without sectarianism. But it definitely sets my radar off.

I mean some people here support Man C or U or Liverpool or Everton for diaspora reasons.

Not that we have players at the top level any more.

Sigh.

4 Likes

So is Joe Manchin just willfully stupid, or actively complicit?

7 Likes

WTF? Was Manchin frozen inside a glacier for the last six years?

No, he’s just relishing the power he currently has as the guy the Dems have to go through for everything. On one hand, that’s only the case without a filibuster, as he’s vote #50, not #60, but he’s savvy enough to know that if the Dems can bring DC and PR in as states, he loses a huge chunk of pull.

10 Likes

Yukon Community Services Minister John Streicker told CBC Monday the couple arrived in Whitehorse on Jan. 19. However, instead of completing a mandatory 14-day self-isolation period, the Bakers on Jan. 21 chartered a flight to Beaver Creek, a community of about 100 people that is located roughly 450 kilometres northwest of Whitehorse near the Alaska border.

There, according to Streicker, they took advantage of a mobile vaccination clinic that was administering the first doses of the Moderna vaccine to locals, claiming they were new employees at an area motel.

I bet the really rich people don’t have to do anything so convoluted.

12 Likes

But he said the territory has obtained sample copies of all other provincial and territorial health care cards to be kept with the mobile vaccine units so the units can determine if a health card is valid, “in case someone’s trying to fake that.”

And now vaccination workers who are already overworked have to do extra paperwork because assholes couldn’t stop being assholes.

At least there’s no chance they’re going to get their second shot.

7 Likes

Just what I was wondering about. How did they think they’d get the second shot???
What assholes. They potentially exposed the whole remote town to infection, deprived someone there of the vaccine, and won’t even result in helping stop the scourge, because they won’t get the second shot.
A $500 fine doesn’t seem like nearly enough, even if it adds up to a few counts, especially for someone who can afford to charter a private plane.

9 Likes

They must of had pretty good intel to be able to do all that and be right in line when the vaccine mobile was pulling into some very remote community.

2 Likes

How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$

8 Likes

Dear late stage capitalism,
bad faith actors,
Disaster Capitalists,
Facebook algorithm “developers,”
Facebook execs,
assholes in general,
and the following advertisers in particular,

Fuck off.

Stop.