The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Hmmm… I want to say my grandmother had a similar claim…I’ve never done a DNA test, but I would not be surprised if this was the case in my family as well (covering up African heritage).

13 Likes

It’s something that comes up a lot on shows like Finding Your Roots. I’ve found tribal enrollment applications filed by some of my ancestors who lived in NC. I’ve also got a distant cousin from VA named Pocahontas. My grandmother claimed we had links to the Chickahominy tribe. These stories have been around a long time among my family in both states, and gained more attention after some tribes started purging Black members from tribal rolls.

14 Likes

My wife’s paternal grandmother was said to by Native American, and photographs would certainly seem to support that, but it was treated as a shameful secret and not talked about much. Certainly not where her father could hear. That a real shame. I suspect there is some family history worth recovering there.

12 Likes

Mine stated Taino & African heritage. Which I always suspected looking at my grandfather. But my older sister got all huffy when I asked as a kid - “no - he was high class Castilian!” He was from Puerto Rico.

I mean - he was a pretty classy guy. And there’s Castilian in there too. But, sorry sis. I was right. And happy to be.

13 Likes

Couldn’t help being reminded of this:

14 Likes

Being in line with an actual Navajo code-talker would be so cool!

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1581009607534600192

“[Murray] saw me sitting on the arm of this chair and made a big fuss about me being in his seat,” Green said. “And I was like, ‘That is absurd. I am sitting on the arm of this couch. There are several lengths of this sofa. Kindly eff off.’ And he was like, ‘That’s my chair.’”

Although Green’s mom suggested that her son move so that Murray could sit wherever he wanted, Green remained steadfast and refused to give up the seat. The comedian said, “Are you this much of a jerk? This rude to tell a nine year old to get out of your chair. What is this power play?”

“He picked me up by my ankles,” Green said. “Held me upside down…He dangled me over a trash can and he was like, ‘The trash goes in the trash can.’ And I was screaming, and I swung my arms, flailed wildly, full contact with his balls. He dropped me in the trash can, the trash can falls over. I was horrified. I ran away, hid under the table in my dressing room and just cried.”

16 Likes

I had an uncle that would hold us upside down over the toilet bowl and lower us in. Stopped before the water. Dick behavior.

15 Likes

In a recent appearance on Dana Carvey and David Spade’s Fly on the Wall podcast, SNL producer Lorne Michaels confirmed the long-held rumor that Murray and Chevy Chase got into a fist fight backstage during the show’s second season. “They got into a fight. And John [Belushi] provoked it a little bit,” Michaels said. “It was probably my mistake because I was bringing Chevy back to host but it was just a season and a half after he left, but it just made sense. They got into a skirmish in front of the page desk, and then Chevy had to go out and do the monologue.”

Given Chase’s own controversial past, however, it’s hard to know whether Murray was really to blame for this one.

Nathan Fillion Meme GIF - Nathan Fillion Meme Speechless - Discover & Share GIFs

11 Likes

Uh Ohhh

13 Likes

Umm, I don’t think you can be passionate about gay rights and support DeSantis.

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

18 Likes
11 Likes

Sounds like an opportunity for the SEC to review the entire structure, and split it up into itty bitty pieces rather than let him merge them. Then do Sinclair….

19 Likes

Last man standing gets to do the stand-up routine, is that it?

5 Likes

Someone can if profound self-hatred and capitalism ahem trump logic. See candace owens, or really not. /shudder

8 Likes

s reactions share GIF

16 Likes

“For tenants, the system upends the practice of negotiating with apartment building staff. RealPage discourages bargaining with renters and has even recommended that landlords in some cases accept a lower occupancy rate in order to raise rents and make more money.

One of the algorithm’s developers told ProPublica that leasing agents had “too much empathy” compared to computer generated pricing.“

“The software’s design and growing reach have raised questions among real estate and legal experts about whether RealPage has birthed a new kind of cartel that allows the nation’s largest landlords to indirectly coordinate pricing, potentially in violation of federal law.“

16 Likes

Jeebus. In that scenario, with no formal training, Kyle Rittenhouse must surely be a savant.

fuck my life bang head GIF

11 Likes

Holy shit

Screen caps of the texts

People are effing gross

19 Likes

16 Likes