The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Can we please not even joke about that? Moving people against their will, or even incentivizing “problems” to relocate elsewhere, is cruel and often illegal.

Let’s just take care of each other, OK?

20 Likes

Even handed for the Herald. Where people like Howie Carr denigrated trans people in their rag for decades.

10 Likes

If I were homeless in the cold North I’d love it somebody gave me a ride to Fla. or Az. where orange, grapefruit and lime trees grow in the middle of road medians. Just say’n.

Offer free rides with an option for a return trip. Homeless Snowbird Xpress!

1 Like

That’s great. But folks live where they live for a reason. Friends and relatives may offer at least some support system. Taking people away from that is not OK.

Also, have fun dodging the pythons, gators, and brain-eating ameobas.

12 Likes

How long has it been since posters were claiming that the South is so horrible they can’t believe anyone ever goes there? Now I guess it’s paradise. Life comes at you fast.

12 Likes

mood GIF

Oh, THEY’D never come here, but they’d be happy to uproot homeless people and send them down here…

12 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

Compared to other Indiana communities, St. Joseph County stands out because it sends significantly more youth to the state juvenile correction center. Over the five years, the only place that has sent more young people to state holding is Marion County. That’s the state’s largest county, and it has more than three times as many youth between 10 and 19 years old than St. Joseph County.

Marion County is Indianapolis, the state capital. St Joseph County is where the University of Notre Dame is located. Also, Amy whatshername on the Supreme Court. And Pence, let’s not forget Pence.

14 Likes

an interview with a Louisiana school librarian who was smeared as a pedophile by right wing mobs determined to ban books of interest to LGBT readers. Her attempts to sue for defamation were rebuffed by a court applying one of those anti-SLAPP statutes… Yay. Freeze peach.

9 Likes
8 Likes

He has so much wisdom to share with them. :woman_shrugging:

13 Likes

They can only fantasize about getting away with murder literally. He actually did it.

12 Likes
14 Likes

“ Basically someone got through his thick skull for about 7 seconds that the “no work from home” thing wasn’t going to fly, so he sent out a somewhat softened policy. Then his lizard brain kicked in and he “ruined” it by informing managers they’d all open themselves up for firing if they ever allowed it.”

13 Likes

Ugh… assholes…

10 Likes

Just saw this, one writer’s quest to understand how these “stars” go down this road. Pretty interesting.

9 Likes
17 Likes

No attempted murder charges?

14 Likes

Just assault*, but maybe that’s based on the location of the family when the attack occurred. Maybe there will be hate crime charges in his future, though.

*ETA: In terms of the charges related to a person and not his previous harassment and stalking/restraining order violations.

15 Likes