The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

And that’s why he stays mad.

DC has nothing new to say, and like so many other comedians of yore, he doesn’t know how to adapt to the changing times.

When the only people still checkin’ for you are the bigots and perpetual haters, you know that you’re on your way out.

14 Likes

Indeed! There is STILL plenty to say on race and whiteness in America, and he could be bold about that, rather than punching down… but here we are. He got wealthy and complacent, I’d argue.

14 Likes

It’s a bummer that “making it” wealth-wise seems to expose some comedians’ limitations.
It doesn’t have at all the same racial/bigoted spin, but David Sedaris has gotten really hard to relate to (and way less funny IMO) in the past few years.

10 Likes

With a few exceptions… :+1:

Betty White Dab GIF

16 Likes

RIP!
And, I don’t follow her closely so may have missed something, but Paula Poundstone seems to still be hilarious and not punching down, and I first saw her as a kid when she was starting in stand-up in the mid-eighties.

17 Likes

Betty White was indeed a notable exception.

There’s a reason why she stayed working through 6+ decades; she knew how to adapt and never got stuck in the past.

15 Likes

…and she was cool, sweet, and funny AF the entire time. A rara avis.

12 Likes

Same guy. This is after they let him board his connecting flight in spite of disruptive behavior on his flight to Singapore.

Previously on BoingBoing

11 Likes

OMG I watched some of it by chance on youtube and was only half paying attention to what was on. It was such an off feeling skit for me I was kind of just waiting for it to end. I don’t watch any GOT based stuff so the unexpected reprisal of old Dave Chapelle tropes in that context just almost felt like it was making fun of Dave Chapelle.

8 Likes

And it appears he lied about what he was going to do in the monologue prior to air time…

17 Likes

Oh wow… I missed that part. Ugh… how “brave” of him.

13 Likes
8 Likes

Seems that Dick is still a dick.

20 Likes

Ted Cruz may need his very own asshole topic.

Tulsi Gabbard too.

13 Likes
9 Likes

Lands at Fox News!

Hope she realizes that if she wants to stay there, she’ll need to bleach her hair.

13 Likes

I thought that just happened automatically, something in the water?

11 Likes

Some kind of ray when they come through the metal detectors to work. Fox isn’t letting any guns inside.

10 Likes
11 Likes

This is a quote from Johnny Teague, a candidate for Texas’s House District 7 who lost 63.8% to 36.2% to Democrat Lizzie Fletcher:

Sure He did. He even proclaimed it in Genesis 1:3: “And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.” So obviously He wanted us to use solar power.

Perhaps northern states should offer homeless individuals one-way bus tickets to Texas and Florida. With winter coming, those people are much less likely to freeze to death in the southern states, right?

9 Likes