The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

19 Likes

(Yahoo reprint)

15 Likes

It’s weird but not that weird that almost every post here has me thinking, “oh, this could be cross-posted on the thread of Trump-inspired assholes.”

14 Likes

He did so much damage to American society in so little time; it would almost be impressive if it wasn’t so fucking horrifying.

16 Likes

I would have said that TFG wasn’t the cause of all that fucked-up-ed-ness, he’s just a nucleation point.

10 Likes

That’s a really accurate, nerdy way to visualize the Il Douche effect. A supersaturated solution of assholery, suddenly crystallized out. The advantage is that it can now be filtered and removed! (Maybe pushing analogy too far)

15 Likes

Dilution could be the solution…

12 Likes

Or, you know, we could just nuke him from orbit to be sure!

12 Likes

I never said he was the root cause; but on an individual level, his personal cult of personality was like a malignant tumor which rapidly spread and then metastasized.

He made it ‘okay’ to be bigoted out loud proud, and in public for far too many people…

12 Likes

You are of course correct, and I didn’t mean to imply that you had made any such implication, I was just too tired and rushed to word it better. Sorry.

11 Likes

No harm, no foul; just clarifying…

11 Likes
11 Likes
12 Likes

“As Biden does nothing follows international asylum law, Texas will continue taking unprecedented illegal action to relieve our overwhelmed border communities white fragility,” he said.

Fixed that for ya, Abbott.

22 Likes

The criminal and the judge in this case would both fail the AITA test:

18 Likes

Chappelle neglected to address any of the backlash to his anti-LGBTQ+ jokes, and instead turned his attention to Jewish people.

15 Likes

I dvr every episode, but I specifically turned it off for last night. Now I’m unsure if I want to resume recording the series. GRRR.

It’s too bad because the new cast members seem very promising.

9 Likes

I watched it… and honestly, it wasn’t that funny. Almost all of his sketches seemed designed so he could sit and smoke a cigarette. Lazy… And they were all just jokes from Chapelle show, mostly (that white people are racist, which… we know? Got any NEW insights that aren’t either punching down, or work from your “glory” years, Dave?)? :woman_shrugging: I’m curious to see how his monologue is going to go over…

This week’s Please Don’t Destroy was good, as was Sarah Sherman’s appearance on Weekend Update… neither involved Chapelle, so…

11 Likes

Oh. I love Sarah Sherman. My husband and I just couldn’t take him again.

I know they write to the strengths of the host, but last night’s show sounds like the antithesis of the previous Amy Schumer episode. The SNL band clearly enjoyed her monologue and the sketches definitely reflected her brand of grown up humor, which we love. And she did this while her kid was hospitalized with a respiratory illness.

11 Likes

I don’t blame you… but even if he had not become a transphobic asshole, his work has not gotten better over the years, if you ask me. He just doesn’t have anything new to say in his work…

ETA - NPRs review by Eric Deggans…

14 Likes