The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/559369-trump-discussed-sending-infected-americans-to-guantanamo-bay-book

Trump, during a February 2020 meeting in the Situation Room as administration officials were discussing whether to bring infected Americans home for care, reportedly asked the attendees “Don’t we have an island that we own?” and “What about Guantánamo?”

“We import goods,” Trump reportedly said to his staff, adding, “We are not going to import a virus.”

“Testing is killing me!” Trump reportedly told then-Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar during a phone call on March 18. Trump was yelling so loud that aides were said to have overheard every word of the conversation.

“I’m going to lose the election because of testing! What idiot had the federal government do testing?” Trump exclaimed.

“Uh, do you mean Jared?” Azar responded, according to the Post, referring to the president’s senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, who five days earlier said he would spearhead the country’s testing strategy by enlisting the help of the private sector.

Trump said the U.S. government should not have taken a role in testing and argued with Azar about why the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) wanted to track cases.

Why did the CDC want to track cases? To make Trumpy look bad of course. My gawd. The horrendousness of the Trumpians never fail to disgust.

9 Likes

That is exactly what the Luftwaffe did as well (cf. e.g. the Baedeker raids, the Vergeltungswaffen, etc.).

I wonder if he is equally “fascinated” by their grit and ingenuity and makes the same arguments that it would have shortened the war if it had worked…

I’ve never understood what people saw in Gladwell. His stuff always seemed shallow and gimmicky to me.

7 Likes
10 Likes

What an unlikely chain of events!

16 Likes

Also, having an innocent person die is violating their inalienable rights…so I guess Foreseer117 is in favour of giving up his own too? Like, this is not just cruel, it’s incoherent.

15 Likes
13 Likes
3 Likes

More remote extortion in the internet of things:

11 Likes

JHC it’s not like people can just go outside and walk or fun for FREE.

That’s really Fd up.

13 Likes

I’m still a bit gobsmacked that a company named after a group of bicycles in formation sells overpriced stationary bikes that are Internet connected. Like, you can’t even f’n draft.

7 Likes

About the only advantage is that you’re unlikely to be run over by an asshole rolling coal.

8 Likes

That, in and of itself, is something to consider.

5 Likes

Definitely found the right thread!

9 Likes

By this logic, and seeing as the justice system acts in the name of the people, does this not mean we have all forfeited our “inalienable” (the very definition of which means they cannot be forfeited) human rights? “But it’s just the minorities and the poors who have that happen, no one who is a Real American!”

8 Likes

That’s a precise extrapolation of the logic of fascism.

“You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: when you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy!” ~ Cmdr. Jeffrey Sinclair [ Babylon 5 , S1E5: Infection ]

6 Likes

UEFA is low hanging fruit at the moment

Does anyone want to tell UEFA and FIFA that national flags and anthems are political symbols? When will they be banned?

15 Likes

Shocked 30 Rock GIF

12 Likes

All
Cats
Are
Beautiful

8 Likes
16 Likes

16 Likes