The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

I like that interpretation. It is much more hopeful.

12 Likes

Don’t get me wrong… I do think that people have always been and can be assholes… I just think that our modern economic system is designed to more fully bring out our inner assholes, and to reward that. Just look at our lame duck president… do you think he would have been a productive member of the community or would he have been left out for the lions or whoever.

16 Likes

Someone would have bashed his skull in while he was still young, had 45 been born into a Hunter/Gatherer society.

The infamous rock throwing incident alone would have guaranteed that the tribe would not abide him.

12 Likes

Beau would agree, as he channels John Lennon…

“Imagine there’s no hunger…”

9 Likes

I remember a study of (I think primates) a few years back where asshole outsiders introduced to a cooperative society had to - and did - adapt their behavior to fit the community, because otherwise they would have not survived.

12 Likes

Sounds great, let’s try it!

7 Likes

This one?

10 Likes

Possibly? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

… make antisocial humans live with baboons?

10 Likes

That’s cruelty to the baboons.

15 Likes
10 Likes

Considering they could probably rip the humans apart when they get annoyed with them it’s worth a try.

4 Likes

Valid questions given some of these people question why a person should get a small emergency check. If you’re wort as much as some of them - why shouldn’t your pension be means tested?

Senate Leader Mitch McConnell (net worth est. $22 million): During his 36 years of public service in Congress, our auditors calculated that McConnell earned $5.5 million in salary. McConnell’s salary ranged from $75,100 (1985) to today’s $193,400 – as the second highest paid member of Congress.

Taxpayers also invested $273,700 into Mitch McConnell’s federal Thrift Savings Plans. We estimate that the taxpayer dollars alone grew to $1.1 million if invested in an S&P 500 index fund (as of 12/31/19).

In retirement, McConnell can cash out the estimated $1.1 million – as a one-time lump sum or as he wishes.

Former speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) was eligibleto draw a $84,930 pension when he turned 50 in January after serving for twenty years and retiring at age 48.
(Open Secrets lists his net worth at about $8million in 2017).

12 Likes

Sharing my morning helping of wtf…

9 Likes
12 Likes

Wtf?

I just. I can’t even…

14 Likes

Right?

angry-betty-white|nullxnull

11 Likes

And apparently as easy to rub off as a cheap layer of paint…

9 Likes

So wait, the Grand Ouroboros Party thread isn’t about the Democratic Party?

/s

12 Likes

That would be the Demonstratably Enthusiastic Masochists thread.

12 Likes