The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Fox News Anchor: It doesn’t really matter what I say as long as I get Mein Kapital.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Something about growing up rich and famous seems to be a hindrance to personal growth in many cases.

7 Likes

if the New York governor had not been a sex pest, he likely would have gotten away with hiding thousands of people’s deaths in nursing homes and shielding his healthcare industry donors from any liability – all while profiting off a $5m book deal and being venerated by liberals and corporate media outlets as a shining star.

This dick should have been toast by this time last year.

11 Likes

Describing his travails getting caught in Social Security phone message hell when he tried to obtain a replacement Medicare card, Keillor wrote of “Social Security, whose initials are the same as Hitler’s Schutzstaffel, which is no mere coincidence.”

Keillor wrote that he finally reached a customer service agent on the phone: “A woman came on the line who I could tell was wearing a brown uniform with a swastika on her cap.”

13 Likes

He’s still alive?

15 Likes

Dead to me for years now.

11 Likes

I’m still annoyed that the show that replaced his, Live From Here, which I liked quite a bit more than Prairie HOme companion (which, let’s face it, had more than run it’s course once it went off the air) got canceled. I really enjoyed Chris Thile.

Maybe it’s because he updated the show to reflect more recent music sensibilities without abandoning the older strata of popular music?

8 Likes

I think that PHC was just such a specific thing that it’s audience was never going to follow to it’s successor, while Live From Here had to try and build an audience in a post internet radio landscape, which is not easy - too many other things to do.

3 Likes

I guess. Maybe how I listen to (public) radio is different, but I tend to listen at specific times, and generally listen to whatever is on at the time. When LFH went off the air, my local station began to play American roots, which I’ve continued to listen to. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes
13 Likes

18 Likes

He’s so gosh darn relatable!

6 Likes
5 Likes

In December 2015 Turtiainen published a Facebook status saying that “people had taken great personal risks when acting in elimination operations to destroy existing and planned asylum centres”. In his Facebook status, Turtiainen considered the Finnish Red Cross to be his greatest enemy and wrote if “it was now time to expand operations to the enemy headquarters”.

6 Likes

Tucker Carlson: “I’m not rich but I paid my house off”

Which one, asshole?

16 Likes

He’s rich enough that I wonder if he really knows how rich he is… But damn what a bald-faced lie.

12 Likes

The poor man.

15 Likes

why, oh why did it have to be Florida-da?
the Conch Republic needs to cut ties with the mainland (again, we did it back in 1982.) maybe time to dust off the old loaf of Cuban bread and clout the Naval commander about the head and shoulders in the ritual surrender of Key West. the border crossing goes up again north of Key Largo, just like back in April, 1982. the fascists in the Florida state government and their lackeys, sycophants and propagandists can fuck right off. they are not welcome in the Conch.

from the wiki:
The Conch Republic is a micronation declared as a tongue-in-cheek secession of the city of Key West, Florida, from the United States on April 23, 1982. It has been maintained as a tourism booster for the city. Wikipedia

Purported currency: Conch dollar; (US dollar de facto)

while I know separatist squawkery and the foolish notion of breaking union is stupid and maybe even harmful, in a way…
but damn it! it certainly is cathartic.

10 Likes

Hey, maybe if the Greater Idaho idiots get their way, you can join Oregon! We’re almost as weird as you are!

9 Likes